Turning Tables

Unedited

Lamar*

A lot of things had changed since I had fell in love with Renee. I gave up all my flashy fast cars in exchange for a family styled car built for complete safety for Christian. Now I wasn't exactly regreting the decision as I kept the Aston Martin that Christian had loved and took him in a drive in from time to time even though it freaked Renee out. I was glad I had kept this one as I blazed a trail down the express lane to Indiana where the lake house was. From Georgia, it was a 10hr and 24 min drive but I could afford no stops. The clock was ticking... I had seen a lot a cops and none stopped me for whatever reason. Thank God. Cane and Renee were about 4 hrs ahead of me and I needed to be there the moment they arrived. The thought of her suffering again killed me. After we kill the bastard I was gonna marry her. I was actually supposed to propose on Christmas Eve but that was today... Shit I needed to step on it, fuck the consequences. I was now going 120 mph and it felt so awesome.

Renee*

After a couple of more stops I was pretty sure that I was succesful in delaying our arrival to wherever we were going. I was now being really sweet to Cane and he had gave me some clothes and took me to a 24hr store that had a shower thank God. I took the quickest shower on earth. I was actually surprised he'd given me an opportunity to run but the first thing I did was call Christopher.

"Hello?" He answered as if he was growling... Just weird.

"Are you and Kayleen okay?"

"Renee! Kayleen get off baby. It's Renee."

Get off? Ohhhh! Just Ew!

"Oh my God I just interrupted you guys!"

"Erm thats a conversation for later,like maybe never, where are you? How are you?"

"I'm not sure. He put a blindfold on me before we arrived at this store. I'm okay. He hasn't touched me thank GO-"

"Renee! I'm sure there isnt much time left for you. He's bringing you to Indiana where Lamar's lake house is. He was sure Lamar would never check here but the odds are in our favor right now. Now call Christian immediately. See you soon."

"See y-" He hung up but now before I heard the unmistakable sound of Kayleen's moan in the background.

"Alrighty then. I'm scarred for life now." I muttered.

I quickly called my cell which Christian had.

"Hello!" He answered breathlessly.

"Hey baby!" Tears filled my eyes. My baby was incredibly strong and brave.

"Mommy! I missed you so much. I recorded everything like you told me and I waited for Lamar to come to show him. The police have broadcasted the vehicle and license plate on tv! Are you okay? Lamar's coming after you! He's gonna kick his ass for me!" His mouth was going 100 mph for me and I barely kept up with his words but just as I was gonna interrupt him he said in such a serious voice, " Why didn't you tell me that my Dad hurt you mommy. Why didn't you tell me my daddy was a monster?!" Christian screamed.

"Baby, he played a terrible part in making you. But that's it. I thought I could play both roles of being a mommy and daddy to you. Mommy didn't want to hurt you. He may be your biological father but don't you accept Lamar as your daddy now?"

"Lamar is my Father. I love him mommy. I need you both and please tell him, just in case yo-" The phone was violently snatched from my hand and Cane punched me while he held it to his ear.

I was so tired of playing the weak role but I made myself fall to my knees as if I was hurt.

"Ahh you must be Christian. I've heard a lot about you. We will ne seeing you soon. Can't wait to meet you."

He hung up the phone and glanced down at me. "Get up Maria.I thought you'd called the police but I'm happy it was only your son. I knew you wasn't all evil. Now the police have my car tags and our profiles on tv."

All evil? Me? Evil? His ass was evil. Cane was really freaking insane.

We were back on the road and I can't say I didn't get a little anxious when I saw the welcome to Indiana sign.

It was pretty quiet, not a lot of traffic at themoment. Out of no where I could hear the roar of somebody's engine behind us and my heart stopped as I saw Lamar's freaking death trap car. Once he made it to us he didn't slow down. I could see his profile... He looked really really mad. Surprisingly he didn't glance our way.

"Fucking ass!" Cane said swerving a little as he passed us.

I didn't say a word. Lamar would be safe if he didn't find me.