Chapter 2

Naruto offered to help in the kitchen despite Mikoto's protests saying it would ruin her coat. Naruto quickly took it off so she had no arguments. Now clad in black heat tech and shorts and black leggings. Itachi noticed she kept tugging at her heat tech, probably thinking she looks fat but she isn't anywhere near that. He disappeared to his room and appeared with a black t-shirt for her to pull over her head. Naruto pulled it over her head, grateful that she could hide her figure, she grinned at Itachi who gave her a smile back. Itachi loved seeing her grins.
"Sweetie would you mind helping me with this while I speak to Fugaku?" Mikoto asked gesturing to the ingredients laid out near the chopping board.
"Sure!" Mikoto noted that Naruto looked like she enjoyed cooking, she even lit up when she was able to use the knife. She probably loves the chopping part of cooking. Mikoto made a mental note as she gestured for her husband and son and Naruto's parents to come over. They noticed she looked around before she started humming, obviously unaware that she was being watched. The Uchihas were in awe at her knife skills as her movements were quick and precise - each piece was exactly the same!
She stopped humming suddenly and looked up, looking around warily. The door in the kitchen leading from outside opened, Sasuke and Naruto stared at each other. Kushina slapped her bestfriend's arm, tell her to go help her daughter. "Ah Sasuke! This is Naruto-"
"I know who she is. She's the school freak." Sasuke interrupted. Mikoto gasped at her son's rudeness. Itachi felt anger rising as he saw the smile on Naruto's face falter. Even though they aren't family or anything, Itachi still felt the sudden urge to be protective of the bubbly blond. He wanted to go up and punch the living day lights out of his stupid stuck up brother but his father and the Namikaze and Uzumaki held him back. "Naru likes to solve her own problems. She is very smart and can come up with solutions instantly. She doesn't like people butting in." Minato explained.
Naruto forced a smile onto her face. "Hello! I'm Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto! Nice to see you, Sasuke."
"Che. Dobe." Sasuke was about to head upstairs to his room when a knife whizzed through the air and embedded into the wall, missing Sasuke by a hair breath. It was where Sasuke's head would be if Naruto hadn't thrown the knife ealier. There was no cracks on the wall near the knife, indicating that she had used enough force that it went in cleanly. "Oh my kami! I'm so sorry, Mikoto-San!" Naruto apologised and Sasuke looked ticked off at being ignored so he stormed up to his room. Naruto waited for the inevitable slam of the door before she started giggling and it turned into a full blown laughter. "Did you, Ahahahahah, see his face? Hahahahahaha. He was so pissed at being ignored." They joined in on her laughter, it's so contagious! Naruto calmed her laughter and went to retrieve the knife. "It's not so bad, just a little filling and the right paint colour over it and it will be all good. The knife just needs some sharpening."
"You know a lot about this."
"Well, it comes in handy when stuff happens." Naruto admitted guiltily.
"Like what?"
"Umm, when I get angry I would throw shurikens or throwing knives at the wall?"
"Or you would go to the shooting range." Kushina said.
"Shhhhh. No one need to know." Naruto said calmly, turning back to sharpen the knife.
"Or paint ball." Minato continued, ignoring her.
"Or archery."
"Or-"
"Shhhh!!!! No one needs to know my weirdness."
"Martial arts!" Minato declared, ploughing through her. Naruto hid her face in embarrassment. "Maybe we should do those things together some day." Fugaku suggested.
"I'm not that good." Naruto said, blushing a little.
"Well, we will see about that." Mikoto said, wriggling her eyebrows and glancing at the slit in the wall to prove her point. Naruto and Mikoto was about finish when Mikoto accidentally knocked over a bottle of expensive unopened bottle of red wine. She screamed and they all rushed into the kitchen, surprised that they didn't heart the loud crash or bang that would normally come when someone screams. They saw Naruto balancing on one foot, steadying herself by placing her hand on the counter. She kicked the foot up to catch the bottle. "I did not expect to catch that with my foot."
"Nice." Mikoto praised.