Chapter 5

The bullying Naruto received got worse by the day. The whole school seem to know about the marriage and now they were spreading nasty rumours about her. Saying she blackmailed Sasuke, forced him into the marriage, bullied him into doing it, threatened him. The list is long but all the same pattern. She was the devil, the bad guy, and he was the angel, the victim.
"Tadaima!" Naruto said happily as she got home, even though knowing that Sasuke wouldn't reply. Sasuke never spoke to her at all. They don't share room, nothing. They are just merely roommates but legally joined together on paper. Naruto cooked up something and waited and waited until she fell asleep at the dining table. The next morning Naruto woke up to the front door slamming shut and the sound of the car engine starting up. Naruto looked at the food and sighed before throwing them away.
This process continued for about three months. Naruto waits, Sasuke comes home and completely ignores her, she wakes up just when he slams the door and leave, she throws the food and shower to get ready for the day.
Naruto was actually awake this time when he came home at 12 a.m. which surprised him. "Okari Sasuke!" Naruto said, her voice cheerful yet it is laced with tiredness. "I prepared some food. Do you want me to hea-"
"No." He said bluntly before turning away to go to his room. He almost missed it if he wasn't looking out for it. He heard her mumble 'bastard' in a quiet and disappointed tone. When he came back out, deciding to please her by eating with her but she already left the table. Yet she  kept the food on the table covered. She still hoped. Hoped he would eat something.
Naruto was beyond disappointed. It was stabbing at her and the pain was killing her. Why doesn't he like her? Is she really such a freak? Why do everyone hate her? That's right! Sasuke hated her. Naruto closed her eyes in tiredness before she decided to make herself comfortable to sleep for the first time in the few months since they got married. She couldn't sleep at all. The pain was stabbing her heart so painfully, her chest is actually physically hurting. She whimpered, finding it was difficult to breathe. She fell into a troubled sleep.
Naruto was walking outside, coming back from her work as photographer at Sasuke and Itachi's uncle's company for models. Madara was a little weird as he kept asking if she was alright. He usually does but this time it was a little excessive. Does he know something or is it that I look like a zombie? Naruto mused. "Naruto-chan!" A cheery voice broke her out of her thoughts.
"Kaa-San." Naruto greeted politely and as cheerfully as she could. Mikoto doesn't need to know. After the wedding, Mikoto had insisted that Naruto call her Kaa-San. "My, my. How is my beautiful daughter-in-law? You have gotten skinny! Has Sasuke been feeding you well?" Naruto didn't have the chance to answer as Itachi arrived and he greeted them both. "Hello Itachi! I'm fine, kaa-San... Sasuke, he's been just fine." Naruto answered, tweaking the question a little. Itachi frowned as he had noticed that little tweak so he made a mental note to question her later.
"Come by to visit someday okay?" Mikoto asked. She nodded and Mikoto excused herself before leaving, dragging Itachi along. I hope you're alright Naruto.