Chapter 19

"I'm so weak." Naruto said, laughing humourlessly as she wiped away her tears.
"Don't think like that." Sasuke chided, lifting her chin with his fingers after he quickly pulled a shirt and shorts on. Naruto tried to fight him but was stopped by another firm yet gentle embrace. "I'm crying about little things like that."
"You have the right to cry. You don't have to bottle it in." Sasuke said stopping the wheelchair near his car. He lifted Naruto into the car and folded the wheelchair to fit it into the back of the car. He slid into the driver seat and hit the on button, hearing the beautiful engine humming to life. He guess he should be glad that that period was the last period of the day and school was almost going to be over. The teacher had said that once the swimmers finish the lap they could start leaving. As for the bags they left behind, their bodyguards would pick it up for them. Sasuke turned on the heater for the shaking teen in the passenger.
Itachi frowned when he heard Sasuke entering, it was a little more hurried than usual. Itachi got up from his spot on the couch in the living room watching TV to see if Sasuke needed help. He moved just in time to avoid Sasuke who hurried past him quickly, carrying a bundle up the stairs. "Can you get her wheelchair upstairs please, Aniki? Thank you!" Sasuke hollered before he entered his room and the door closed with a soft click. Thank god that didn't make a loud bang. One point to awesome foot strength control.
Sasuke peeled off Naruto's clothing and wrapped her in a new towel before starting a tub of warm, almost hot, water. Once the water reached the preferred level, he lifted Naruto into the tub before quickly washing her up. Sasuke paused when he felt a tug on his arm. "What's wrong?"
"Come in... You'll get sick if you stay in your wet clothes." Naruto said, Sasuke complied. He stripped and climbed in behind Naruto to wash her hair. They finished bathing and get dressed. Sasuke carried her onto the wheelchair Itachi had kindly carried up for him. Sasuke helped her down to the first level before rolled herself into the kitchen after waving Sasuke away, telling him to go talk to his Aniki or something. Sasuke watched her wheel herself to the kitchen, biting his own lips worriedly. "What happened this time?" Itachi asked.
"Some idiots decided to distract me after I got out of the pool during PE so they could throw Naruto into the pool." Sasuke growled at the thought of those stupid fans of his. "She started crying soon after. She said she was weak and that she just cried over small stuff like that." Sasuke whispered.
"The kidnapping changed her."
"Partly." Sasuke said, causing Itachi to raise an eyebrow in question. "It was my fault too. She has been bottling up for so long. When I first started getting to know her. She is actually really shy, scared of everything but she does them anyways. She's really selfless, saves anyone in danger even if it meant she might die from saving them. She rather it happened to herself than others. If I told anyone that the confident daredevil that people know her as is actually shy and self-conscious, no one would believe that. That's how she likes to keep things, no one will knew her secret. Her mask is so well in place that when it cracks, she is complete different person, a complete opposite. She's not happy with herself. She's never been." Sasuke said softly. Itachi listened patiently and waited when Sasuke stopped talking.
"When I became her friend, I saw a whole different person inside her. The shy yet intelligent glint that she has in her eyes. She's always analysing but doesn't comment because she's too shy. In school, she's loud and annoying. Girls didn't like her because she had my attention. Then when we fell apart, everyone didn't like her because I didn't. Look at it, in the end, I'm always involved in the equation of why people don't like her. They labeled her freak because I disliked her and because she had had my attention. Girls claim it to be some sort of evil magic spell that she casted." Sasuke said with a snort.
"They were just jealous that she has your attention." Itachi said absently. "Has she been bullied even when you were publicly her bestfriend?"
"Yeah. I tried to tell her to tell someone but she kept saying I was imagining things and that no one was bullying her. It was so obvious! Why doesn't she want to let me help her? I don't even know how to help her now!"
"Well Sasuke you can help me by coming into the kitchen to prepare snack with me." Naruto suggested, wheeling out a little to look at the two brothers.
"Coming Hime." Sasuke said.
"Did you just call me hime?" Naruto asked.
"Who else would I be calling? Itachi? No way! He would be Prince Charming, people are tripping over air just trying to see the edges of his foot." Sasuke joked. Itachi raised an eyebrow. "If I recalled correctly, girls would throw themselves at you after pretending to trip." Itachi shot back.
"Then what will you be?" Naruto asked, still blushing at being called a princess.
"When I am king, you shall be my queen." Sasuke said when he reached the kitchen and leaned down to peck Naruto on the lips. "What are we now?"
"Just two ignorant blissful teenagers living life." Sasuke said, waving it off. Naruto smiled slightly as Sasuke squint at the recipe book while being quite a distance away as he didn't want to walk all the way to the book and then walk back to the fridge. Naruto sighed and started listing out the ingredients to bring out, relying on her sole photographic memory from scanning the book whilst she had been alone in the kitchen digging out recipe books.
No one will ruin this relationship. I'll make sure of it.