The Beach

The picture above is what Hana's hair looks like after Louise got to it.

Side Note: Sorry if I spell the names wrong sometimes but it's hard enough to keep writing with the finals looming, so I can't manually spell check the names EVERY TIME. I'm sorry, but please just bear with me. I hope you enjoy the chapter. :)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
6:00 a.m., the Saturday before Hana started school, the Asahina house was buzzing with anticipation. Hana in particular.

She was brimming with excitement. She had read books and magazines about beaches, but she had never scene one. She was even more excited than Wataru.

When everyone (excluding Hikaru, as he was still in Paris) was done preparing. They filed into the cars. Hana was in the backseat of Natsumi's car with Tsubaki sitting next to her and Azusa in the passenger seat.

Hana wore her new swim siut under a green Attack on Titan t-shirt and a pair of jean shorts that went down to her knees. She also wore rainbow strapped sandals and a white sun hat accented with a pale blue ribbon. She had also put on some comically huge green sunglasses that matched Ema's pink ones, Wataru's yellow ones and Masaomi's blue ones.

Wataru had let her borrow a coloring book and some crayons for the long ride to the beach, and she was happily coloring away while planning things to do with Tsubaki as if they were 5 years old.

As they started talking about who could bury the other in the sand faster, Natume spoke up. "So Hana, your starting college in a few days right? What are you majoring in?" He asked, trying to get off the the topic of burying people in the sand before Tsubaki could get any 'ideas'.

"Oh yeah, I haven't told you guys yet. I'm a music theory major." She answered him with a smile as she filled in the petals of a rose with red crayon.

Tsubaki smiled back at Hana. "I knew it! You sing too well not to go into music!" Hana abruptly looked up from her coloring and shook her head profusely. "Nonono I signed up for violin and piano and stuff. Not for singing!"

Her face was as red as the roses she had just colored. "Oh? And why not singing? Your voice is beautiful." Azusa said with a confused look on his face. Hana looked back down at the book on her lap.

"You don't have to lie about my singing to make me feel better. I loved to sing when I was little, but I guess my voice was too horrible for my dad to bear because..." Tsubaki cut her off by putting his finger to her mouth.

"I say your voice is beautiful. Would I ever lie to you?" He asked her, looking straight into her eyes. She started to shake her head but her eyes widened when she looked out the window behind him and saw the most gorgeous thing she'd ever seen. The ocean.

"Hana? Hana?! HANA!!" Tsubaki tried to pull  her out of her trance, but failed as  she stared intently through the glass.

"The beach!" She exclaimed as she scrambled out of the car and swung her arms out as she spun in circles on the sand. She could feel the warm sun and smell the salty sea air.

The feeling of hot sand between her toes was something she had only dreamed about. Wataru ran up to the sand and joined her in spinning in circles.

Futo scoffed at them. "They're making such idiots of themselves." He sat down next to Lori, who was reading a book under the shade of an umbrella.

All of a sudden, the brothers heard Hana scream. They all immediately looked to her to see her running across the beach away from a shell-shockedKaname. She was yelling about a "walking demon shell". Ema ran after her.