First Day

Above is Hana's outfit for her first day!

Hana woke up at 5:30 am that morning and anxiously got ready for school. She decided on wearing a blue shirt with lacy accents, peach colored jeans and a matching scarf, pulled together with various accessories.

She walked out of the elevator and down the stairs to see Subaru lacing up his sneakers. "Good morning, Subaru!" Hana chirped as she practically skipped across the living room.

"Er, good morning." Subaru relpied sleepily. Hana opened the door to the kitchen to see Ukyo making something on the stove and two plates of eggs and toast sitting on the table.

"Good morning, Ukyo!" She beamed at him. He looked up from the eggs he was frying to smile at Hana. "Good morning." He answered back. "Are you ready for your first day of school?" He asked her as she sat down at the table.

"Yep." She answered, popping the 'p'. "I'm glad to hear that." Ukyo said as Subaru walked through the door. "And I called administration last night, and they can't get you out of choir for a few days." He told Hana, looking worried. "Are you going to be alright?"

Hana smiled at Ukyo. "It's okay." She answered, looking nervously at her eggs. "It can't be that bad, right?" She asked him, but in her mind, she was really asking herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subaru and Hana, after a train ride that seemed to take forever, finally arrived at the university. Hana beamed as they walked around the campus, taking in the large buildings and extensive grounds like a sponge.

"Hey Asahina!" Someone shouted as they neared the Fine Arts building. They both turned to see two tall boys running over to them.

"Hey, guys." Subaru answered, stepping slightly in front of Hana. "Man, since when do you hang out around the Fine Arts building?" The one with dirty blonde hair asked teasingly.

The one with dark hair peaked around Subaru to look at Hana. "And who is the cutie?" He asked with a sly grin. Hana brightly smiled and stuck out and friendly hand to him.

"Hello, I'm Asahina Hana." She introduced. The boy took her hand in his. "Hi, I'm Kato Hitashi." The boy said as the other boy bowed to her "And I am Nori Akiama." He told her as Kato laughed loudly.

"Very nice to meet you two." Hana stated with a closed-eyed smile. "You too Asahina. Anyway Asahina did you skip out on layups last ti..." Nori started, but slurred to a stop when something dawned on him.

"You're Asahina," he said pointing at Subaru, "and you're Asahina." He continued, pointing to Hana. Hana nodded to him, still smiling.

"She your cousin or something?" Kato asked Subaru, slightly amused at the look in Nori's face. Hana shook her head.

"I'm his sister." She informed them, and was met with slightly bewildered faces.
"But aren't you supposed to be 17, in high school and a brunette?" Kato asked. "And not IRISH?!" Nori added with 'slight' emphasis on "Irish".

Hana snickered, "You're thinking of Ema, my older sister. I'm 16, not 17, and I was recently adopted."

That statement only seemed to confuse them more. "Wait, you're 16? Geez, that family is full of prodigies." Nori sighed with a smile as Kato checked his watch.

"Dude, we gotta go. Coach will blow if we run late again." He told Subaru. Subaru nervously ran his hand through his hair.

"You think you'll be ok?" He asked, glancing down at her with a worried expression.

"I'll be fine! Have a great day!" She told them, waving as the boys ran in what she assumed to be the direction of the gym. Hana turned to the building in front of her. She looked down at the schedule in her hands.