PACK VS PRIDE

R O B I N

I stare intently at the brown box, sealed up and full with my life- a life that used to be independent and mine, but now every thing owned in that box wasn't put in by me- nope, that was due to a overprotective, frenzied yet cute alpha man.

I release a heavy sigh at the reminder of the fact that I am going to be living with Dean and his wife- his wife who does not like me very much, not that I can blame her. I am not carrying her heir and that must suck for a she wolf, not being able to have your own pup with your mate- it makes me feel like a whore- but I am no whore- I am saving my pack...yes, pack. Why do I feel like I am going to regret this decision?

My hands travel down to my slim stomach, it's so hard to believe that there is a child in there. My pup.

ugh.

no, it's not my pup- well it is, technically my baby but it wont be mine.

The thought sends a whine to fill my mind from my wolf and it hurts me- he's always wanted a pup and the idea of not being able to raise it is making him sad.

"Okay, I've placed the rest in the spare cupboard. Are you going to unpack?". his deep voice filters through my thoughts- I look to him and cant help but smile softly.

"Thanks, Dean. I will unpack soon". I reply.

"Are you sure?". he asks as he walks in further into the room, he's wearing grey joggers and a baggy sweatshirt- a purple beanie covers his head- it really suits him. Like too much... he's really handsome.

"Yes". I answer with a slight frown.

"Because I can do it, if you want me to- I don't want you to over work yourself".

"Ah, yes. Because placing books and clothes is very strenuous". I mock with a joking smile- he chuckles quietly and it sends a thrill within my stomach which I will not focus on.

"I'm overbearing, right?".

"Yeah, just a little". I chuckle.

"I aint gonna apologise for that. I'm an Alpha and I just want the best for you both- uh, the baby, for the baby I mean". He's quick to correct and I cant help but find it endearing.

"I know, Dean. But, I don't need constant babysitting-"

"Well obviously you do". He cuts in as he walks closer and picks up a photo frame of my dog. " Because the second I left you alone, you decided to jump in front of a car". his eyes drift over to me and I recognise some anger.

"It wasn't the second I left". I bite back with slight embarrassment. "it was like 30 minutes- and I am going to ignore that. I can look after myself and do you have a certain fetish in my dog?". I ask, irked.

"Excuse me?". He asks sharply.

"Hercules". I clarify with a point to the photo he is holding- he looks at it and places it down.

"No". He sighs as he walks over to me and sits down in front of me. I arch a brow at him. "Please just humour me, ok?". He asks softly, his hand softly grazes my own and I stifle a gasp- as a rush of warmth runs through me- what the frak?

"Robin are you okay? what's wrong? you tensed-". He stands and points. "You tensed. Did the baby kick? are you ill? have you got a parasite?!". He almost squeals- I glare at him, but inside I wanted to laugh.

"Oh my god, Dean. The baby didn't kick, it wont kick for a very long time. And parasites? what the hell horror movie have you been watching? don't tell me, I don't want you watching those- they put stupid ideas in that soft head of yours". I slightly touch his clothed leg.

he chuckles as he runs his hand through his hair.

"Sorry- do you need anything?".

"Nope. I am all good, you should go and see your wife- I don't want her thinking that I have you all to myself- so go and do something, go on a date". I push back the awkward feeling that consumes me.

His face scrunches slightly and a small burst of hope burns through me.

"Uh, Vicky isn't around today...she decided to do some shopping".

"Oh, for the baby?". I ask with a forced smile- she shouldn't be buying clothes for my pup... ugh, not mine.

"No- uh, I think I will do that. Otherwise she will be bringing back things made out of leather and spikes". he chuckles as his dark eyes meet mine.

My wolf at that moment makes a yip- a soft yip. A sound I have never heard before.

"That's good. Haha- I wouldn't want this child to grow up wearing the worst fashion". I joke.

"We could do it, together- if you like?". His nervous voice makes me smile at him, my heart jumps in my stomach with excitement.

"Yes, I would very much like that".

his answering smile takes my breath away.

He claps his hands together and the sound is sharp.

"Right, I think I will go and make us something to eat- Cheese and Onion sandwich?". He points to me with his tongue poking out.

"Very well remembered- though, I am not surprised". I interlock my fingers together, an action that doesn't go unnoticed by him.

"I will go and make you something- will you come down, so I know where you are- plus, I don't want to walk up these stairs again". Should his constant need to know where I am make me feel special or freaked out?

"Yeah, okay". I answer- wanting to calm his alpha.

I get up and make my way out of my room- I sense and feel him behind me- close- hovering.

"I feel as though you're my shadow". I grunt quietly.

We make our way down the stairs and I ignore the way he tells me to be slow and careful.

A knock at the door fills the house as he walks into the kitchen.

"I'll get it". I offer as I walk to the front door.

I walk over to the front door and pull it open- A man stands there, a powerful man- I sense his animal and it isn't a wolf. It's almost flinching the magnitude of his power.

I stifle a gasp as I realise that this is a Lion.

His dark auburn hair pushed back revealing his dark amber eyes and sharp teeth- he smiles down at me and its predatory- I am his prey- he towers over me with muscle and strength.

I don't like him.

"Hello, beautiful. Is Dean home?". He asks- his voice is so deep that it sends a dangerous feeling through me.

"Uh". I wet my lips. "Yeah, he's back in the kitchen- I will go and get him-". I stare down at his sudden huge hand that's on my arm- my wolf snarls warningly in my mind- my pup- protect my pup.

"You smell lovely". he chuckles as he leans in closer to my ear- I purposefully let out a warning snarl at him which to he chuckles like I am a weak child. "You're pregnant and nothing smells better than pregnant submissive wolves. Do you want to come and see a real leader, baby? Let me show you what a real Alpha is like".

Suddenly a ferocious roar fills the air- I feel the electricity charge through the air just as something blurs past me and pushes violently into the Lion shifter- his arm is ripped off of mine and I stare in horror as I watch a lion and a wolf fight to the death.