Numero Treinta y Tres

BOLD - CARTER

ITALICS - SYDNEY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Carter Smith entered McDonald's, he sent a text to the girl he's been wanting to see since the first day they met. Where r u sitting? 

She soon responded. girl next to the window. black shirt w/ cat on it. u here???

He looks around and sees a girl that looks about his age. She looks down at her phone, then looks up. She looks out the window. Her hands supporting her head, that shows her beautiful face. Grayish, but green (he couldn't decipher) eyes look excitedly out the window. Small thin lips are bitten. Her heart shaped face is covered by her dark brown wavy hair. 

She looks around, and stops when stops when she sees a boy around her age. He looks straight at her. Blue eyes look back at her, showing happiness and excitement. His brown hair is swept a bit to the side. A smile evident on his thin lips. A very thin stubble evident on his face. He walks toward her. Sitting down, he says her name. "Sydney?"

"Carter," She smiles. Her smile automatically makes him smile.

"Hey, babe."

"Babe, that's my thing now," She laughs taking a sip of her strawberry banana smoothie.

"You're right. It sounds better when you say it. Say it again?" He smirks.

"Babe.... Go get some food. I'm not paying for you," She points to the ordering counter.

"But I thought you loved me," He pouts.

"Still.... I'm a broke girl," She says eating her chicken nuggets.

"Whatever," He mutters walking to order. He walks over to the cashier and orders chicken nuggets and two fries. Once he gets his order, he heads back to his girl.

"Hey, babe," She smiles. He could never tire of that smile.

"Hey, Cinderella. So... What did we come here for?"

"Well.... I don't know," She says looking down at her food shyly.

"Well.... I like your hair," He compliments her. She blushes as she eats one of his fries. "I thought we were buying our own food."

"I like fries," She shrugs.

"I see... So... How's it going?" Carter asks shyly. Sydney has never heard this boy talk that shy in her life.

"I guess I'm okay. So... We both know there's an elephant in the room. Let's get it out.... Wh- Where do we stand?" She asks, her face as red as a baboons butt.

"We're not standing," He says trying to make the air less tense.

"Idiot," She mutters. "What are we? Our label?" She asks shaking her hand between the two of them. Her eyes hold insecurity and nervousness. Carter's eyes hold the same.

"Who cares about labels? Do you want to be - you know... Girlfriend, boyfriend?" He asks.

"You know what? You're right. Who cares what we are. All that matters is that we're together. But... are you willing if you want to be a couple thing?" She asks dwindling with her fingers. She takes a chicken nugget and offers it to him. 

"Why not? You? I don't wanna pressure you... That's all," He says looking her square in the eyes.

"Hm...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFFHANGER NACHOS!!!!!!!!! I know. I suck. Swallow, too. Sorry. I just wanted to try this. You like?? Eh??? Well... If you did... Show the love fam by:

Voting,
Commenting,
Or sharing if you want. Thanks for reading nachos! Updates will come soon. Later!