My First Attempt

After school, I run into my room crying. I'm so sick of the cliques. I want my life to be over! I hear a knock on the door.
"Joleen," Mom says outside of the door. "Is there something that we need to talk about?"
"Go away!" I shout while crying. I take off my hoodie and throw it on the bed. I grab my knife from the nightstand. I start cutting the phrase, LIFE IS POINTLESS from the top of my bicep to my wrist. Blood gushes out of my arm. I feel the blade going into what all remains of my arm since there isn't much. I stab the knife into my wrist. The tip is visible on the other side of my wrist. Even though it hurts like hell, I'm not going to feel pain anymore. I fall over. Waiting to leave this horrible world.

I see a tunnel of light. Getting closer. A figure is present. It looks like Shannon. There's nothing but white and Shannon.
"What are you doing here?" She asks.
"I committed suicide," I respond.
"Why?"
"It wasn't the same without you. I got bullied. Right after you left, I couldn't do anything but eat the pain away. I got bullied for being fat. Then I starved myself in shame. I still got bullied. Then I heard the news that you died. I cut myself because I knew that one day I would die from it. I finally did it. The starving and excess cutting did the trick."
"Joleen, I--"
What's happening? I'm moving further away from Shannon. I'm going backwards in the tunnel of light. Shannon is further away from me. I don't understand. What exactly is going on?