What now?

12:11 PM

I got to know a lot more about the Wendigo, but I still had one more question. "Why didn't it attack us? Right there. He could, but he didn't" I look down at the body instead of looking up while asking the question. After the question had been asked I looked up to Deaton and waited for him to anwer. "Wendigos share a close kinship with beasts, particularly predatory beasts" Deaton answers while covering the victims body. "So if Scott and Isaac weren't there he'd tear us to shreads" Stiles lays his hands on top of his head. Deaton nods. I emmediately look up at Isaac who raises one of his eyebrows and turns his face towards mine. "Like I said, I'm protecting you"

Normally I would roll my eyes at a comment like this, but he's telling the truth

Normally I would roll my eyes at a comment like this, but he's telling the truth. He's protecting me, but who's protecting the others? The pack? The parents? Beacon Hills? "Wait a second..." I frown and before I start to speak again I look up at Scott. "We can't protect Beacon Hills with the amount of wolves we have" "We can always turn more people into werewolves" Isaac says as serious as possible. Stiles slaps his hand against his forehead. Scott looks like he is about to say something, but instead of saying something he looks up at Deaton. "The only way you can save Beacon Hills is by killing it" "but how?" Isaac quickly replies hoping for an answer. "There are a few possibilities to defeat a Wendigo" Deaton continues. "Special Anasazi symbols drawn in protective circles will keep a Wendigo away, but there is another way." We all stare at deaton waiting for him to continue. "Burn it. You see, once one becomes a Wendigo, It's heart turns into a chunk of ice. Melt it and it's dead." "That's it? We have to burn it?" Stiles seems releaved. "Don't forget about his abilities. Wendigos can imitate the voices of humans to lure unsuspecting victims, they're arguably one of the fastest monsters, they can jump from tree to tree, they're are invulnerable to knives and guns, they have giant claws. Wendigos possess enhanced senses, making them perfect hunters, darkness isn't a problem for them and they have similarly enhanced hearing. If you're going to kill it make sure you kill it during the day. It is almost impossible to defeat them at night. Also, don't forget about their intelligence. Wendigos are as intelligent as humans are." Deaton remains calm even though he knows what kind of monster has arrived in Beacon Hills. The moment he is done informing us about the creature we contact the rest of the pack to invite them and try to come up with a plan to kill it.

3:20 PM

We planned on killing it before it got dark so we went to the Woods to find it. We knew it woulnd't be easy to find so we had to send someone into the Woods as bait. Lydia. Lydia sat down against a tree and waited. We waited for an hour. Stiles and Allison hided somewhere further away, but close enough for Allison to have a good sight on where to shoot the burning arrow. Isaac, Scott & I stood somewhere far away, out of sight. We all sat down and continued to wait on the creature. "It's getting late you know" Isaac starts to worry a little about the plan. "I know" Scott stands up and keeps his eyes on Lydia who's still sitting against the tree. I focus on my hands which are tangled in each other leaning on my knees. I look at Lydia and I notice she's now standing. I quickly stand up and realize somethings wrong. "It's time" I say and start to stress a little.

I see a figure walking towards the tree. It's the Wendigo. My heart starts to beat really fast and my hands start to sweat. The Wendigo walks towards Lydia and Lydia takes a step back until she's pressed against the tree. She's terrified and so are we. Scott looks over at Allison who is in position. The creature starts to make sounds. He starts to growl. Lydia her breathing becomes heavier and her eyes are now turning our way. "We have to help her" I start to freak out. "Wait, somethings wrong..." Scott holds my wrist. "Why is he slowing down. Remember what Deaton said... He is the fastest creature. He won't slow down." The Wendigo slowly looks over at us and his eyes stare right into Scotts. He growls and grabs Lydia.

Chapter 5: What now?