A Series of Truths

Poseidon grinned as he leaned on his throne, his hands outstretched in the air.

"That was close!"

Zeus can only grumble at him. His face looked adorable when he did. Scratch that. His face looked like the "old man" adorable, with all the makeup Poseidon and Aphrodite gave him. He honestly felt like a hippie wrestler with those thunder marks on his cheeks.

The room couldn't have gone any more silent when Poseidon called the goddess of strategy again.

"You seem so lax," she observed.

"Truth or dare?"

Athena wanted to look dead serious enough to know what plans the sea god kept for her. It irritated her that Poseidon was simply laid back. Still, this was Poseidon, the god she would always bicker with, and thus she decided to go along with his breeziness.

"Truth." She answered with a sigh.

"You're scared of me giving you a dare, aren't you?" His answer may be in a laid back tone, but there was something in there that still showed his pride. He was, after all, Athena's in-a-way rival.

The goddess pursed her lips at the question. "I prefer the term 'cautious'. I'm not stabbing seawater to get back at you."

"Hey, I'm the one who has to get back at you, with your 'Under the Sea' scheme."

"You already done it with you disguising as your little sea spawn."

Everyone else had to agree on that, and it was a wise decision. A satisfied Athena then asked the sea god whether it was already her turn or not.

"Go take your turn," he answered flippantly.

The goddess smiled inwardly and scanned the room for someone who wasn't called a lot.

"Lord Hades," she called, "Truth or Dare?"

Hades snapped himself alert. This is Athena, he thought. She may not be as full of cheery antics as Hermes, or the aggressive retaliating type like his brothers, but she's the goddess of wisdom and strategy and who knows what evil lies in her dares? Did she pick him out of coincidence? Was there something he did to offend her? Athena's poker face was somehow disturbing the Underworld king.

"Truth," was what he answered. It was risky for him to do a dare for her.

"Alright," she answered back. "I would just like to know your opinion on something."

"What?"

"Before Nico had a crush on Will, didn't he have a crush on Percy?"

Poseidon cringed. Percy belongs to Annabeth, he protested in thoughts.

Hades' eyes widened. Not my son's love life, again! But then he tried to compose himself, and thought of the right words to say.

"I don't dwell on that anymore," was what he answered.

"Oh?"

"Was that it?" he asked.

"No. It's this: what if Percy and Nico got together instead of Percy and Annabeth and Nico having a crush on Will?"

Among the deities, it was Aphrodite who was the most intrigued. She had really shipped Perico –the ship name of Percy x Nico- alongside Percabeth, but it had gone low key for her when Nico had feelings for Will. Now that Athena's mentioned it, she had still somehow shipped it too. But Hades didn't. He couldn't answer without cringing.

"I…really don't want to dwell on the past, to be honest. But if they got together I'll be more awkward in dealing with my son. It's Percy Jackson. I really don't get over conflicts. I don't care if he was twelve back then, I still hate him somehow."