Chapter 18

"You requested me here." Hyde asked Jake (the pack doctor). After taking Adira to his room he went towards the clinic where Tyler said to go to meet Jake. Jake was twirling his pen around his fingers as he looked up at Hyde just finishing a drawing.

"Yeah."

Hyde went to a bed and layed down on it, putting pinching the bridge of his nose while closing his eyes.

"Tyler told me about you and the new she wolf you brought in. Adira." Jake says.

"Yeah and what?" Hyde asked unconcerned.

"You should stay away from her."

This caught Hyde's attention. He turned towards Jake.

"And why did he say this?" Hyde asked.

"It's dangerous Hyde. You're falling for her."

"I'm NOT!" he defended as he quickly got up looking at Jake angered.

"You are, based on how bad you are defending yourself." Jake said.

Hyde quickly layed back down, covering his eyes with his arms sighing in frustration. "I'm not."

"It makes it hard to beleive."

"I have a mate."

".........She rejected you."

Hyde looked at Jake murderously. "Tyler told you didn't he?"

"You basically considered a reject along with her." Jake said, "Are you planning to lover her and mate her so that she won't die?"

"No!" Hyde shouted. "I just.... I just" he stopped in his thoughts. He didn't know what to say "I just know the hurt and pain. I just sympathize with her."

"Have you even thought you were in the same circustances as her." Hyde gave Jake a questioning look. "Such as death."

"No. you are right that I'm in the same circustances, but I don't show the same symptoms."

"I don't beleive you'll be like her considering you are an alpha. It also seems like you are dealing better with your rejection than she is." Jake paused, "Yet I believe there is a danger to you being around her so much."

"Why so?"

"You find comfort in her. You be around her so long, that soon you'll like her. Then you'll love her eventually. Tell me, has she been affecting you lately."

Hyde thought back to the events where he felt warm and calm around her. He had a moment of silence to himself. This is riduculous. "I don't feel anything."

"Nothing?" Jake raised his eyebrow in a questioning look not quite buying Alpha Hyde's story.

Hyde was silent again. "Nothing." he stated.

"Well, advice from a doctor, your wolf will feel the effects of being rejected. She is also a rejected wolf so he will try to find comfort in her. And if that comfort becomes addictive...... you'll start falling for her. Bascially you create your own mate through chance. But of course, the only acception is that if both wolves were rejected. Nowdays though, that's how most stuff works. There are a lot of rejected wolves who start anew."

"If by possibly that happened, then what about the orginal mate bond.
Jake lightly tapped his head with his pen. "Well, that depends. If you come to love the rejected wolf, like truly come to love, then your orginal mate bond will be overwriten. It'll still be there be there but it'll be insignificant. If you don't come to the point where you actually truly love her, then your orginal mate bond will probaly be stronger, thus leaving you to love your orginal mate. If that happens then unless your orginal mate comes back to love you, then you'll be in pain. That's why many start anew and learn to love each other. But the process is completely up to you. It's based on your emotion. Nowdays the mate bond is made to show compatibilty. In the past people beleived it was your soul mate but over the generations, many have been rejected thus the sleeping around and status which all didn't matter back then. But now it does. " Jake rambled. He looked into Hyde's eyes. "But I don't think you'd want to do that, because sometimes your mate does come back. It's all risk taking. That's why I advise you to not get too close."

"I won't." Hyde stated quickly, leaving the office.

Jake sighed, "You've already started step one." Jake said quietly to himiself so only he could hear as he watched Hyde walk away.

A.N

Hope you like this chapter. Tells a little in depth about mates and how I see them. Sorry if you hate my definition of a mate, but this was influenced by the many rejection stories out there. And I know in many books the MC gets a 2nd chance mate, but I don't believe in that. Usually in most books people describe mates as soulmates, but I believe that if you are soulmates, you'll eventually end up with each other (and my story will not go like that). So because of the many werewolf writers on wattpad, I've came up with a definition of what I see best. Thank you for reading. 

-Dola