Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Angela sat on the stairs outside the door waiting for Wade to come back home. She had a blanket over her as she shivered in the cold night. It was snowing. She waited outside because she was worried. She hadn't seen him ever since school ended. She soon felt sleepy as her eyes started to close. She awoken when she heard the crunch of steps make their way towards her. The person kneeled down to her face and placed his warm hands against her cheeks.

"It's so cold. Go back inside." Wade said as he shared his body warmth that Angela accepted.

Angela smiled at him. "I was waiting for you. I was worried........ That you ran away."

Wade looked away for a second. He then looked back at her composed. "Let's go inside." he said as he assisted her in getting up. He walked in front of her, but Angela quickly slide her hand inside of his. He stopped and looked at her and then kept walking. Angela smiled and blushed.

He led her to their room. He opened the blankets and led her to the bed. She slipped in. He sat down on the chair next to their bed. He ran his fingers through her hair. She smiled. He then got up and was about to leave, but Angela stopped him by grabbing his hand.

"Sleep here with me today. It's been so long." she said. Wade didn't say anything, but slipped his hand out of her hand. He kept on walking and reached the door. He stopped when she spoke again.

"I won't leave you Wade. If you run, I run. If you stay, I stay. I'm already your woman, and I willingly accept that. I love you............even if.." she stopped thinking about her words, "even if you don't love me." her heart pained.

"Angela, I'm a bad man. Don't forgive. Just hate me please, that'd be so much easier." Wade said brokenly.

"Wade you aren't a bad man because if you were, you would've already left me when you met her. But you didn't. Even though you could've abandon me, you never did. I'll never leave you Wade till the day I die." Angela said. There was a bit of silence. Finally Angela spoke up "You're in love with her huh?" she asked.

Wade breathed in and then slowly exhaled. A tear slipped out as he closed his eyes feeling remorse. "I'm sorry Angela for stealing your heart, but not being able to give you mine." He quickly opened the door and shut it behind him making sure she did not see his tears and quickly fled the scene.

Angela looked at the door that closed. She smiled sadly as tears fell down onto her cheeks. "That's fine." she whispered.

Hyde waited for Adira to take her to school. On the way to school no words were exchanged. It was just a peaceful silence. They simply parted ways with just a simple "see you later." Though this exchange may have seem awkward, it was a silence of thinking and debating. There was still a lot to fix.

Adira sat down at her seat looking at the people who came through the door. She looked intently at Wade. He glanced up and looked at her but then quickly looked away. He made his way towards her pulling out the seat next to her. He sat down. Throughout class, Adira glanced at him a few times. He didn't look at her as it seemed as if he was deeply enthralled in the lecture. Adira studied him a bit. The story of him. What he became. How this story was buried deep within himself. Class ended. She never did question him of the past as no words were exchanged. He just left class. Adira sat in her seat a little while longer as she stared out the window. Life was a riddle.

Hyde looked at her intently as she was the only one in class. He patiently waited outside the door waiting for her. He quietly looked at her and smiled, his heart warming. It wasn't until later that Adira finally saw Hyde who quickly looked away as she made eye contact with him. She quickly got up apologetically as it totally slipped her mind that school had ended. She apologized to which Hyde quickly just said it was alright. He drove her home.

That night Adira packed up a bag with clothes and a few necessities that would last for a day. It was just small luggage. She quickly sneaked out of the pack house as everyone was asleep and made her way to the forest. She walked for a while. After walking for a long while she finally stopped as she reached the border, the border to leave Hyde's land. She smiled a sad smile as she looked back at her home. "Hyde, I'm sorry-" her last final words were carried by the wind as they were not to be heard.

Hyde woke up as he felt an odd feeling. It felt as if something detached from him. He woke up in sweat. He quickly got up as he dressed putting on some sweats. He walked out of his room. His heart raced. Adira's scent smelt faint. What had happend to her? He worried. He quickly ran towards her room. His hurried so quickly that he ran into a desk knocking over the lamp on it, breaking it. CRASH! The sound woke many others up. Hyde finally reached her door. He quickly turned the knob and opend her door. It was empty. Her scent was faint. He opened her closet. Her clothes were still there. Everything was still there, but she wasn't. Adira. His heart panicked.

He quickly ran out of the pack house following her faint scent. He looked up. It led into the woods. He ran as fast as he could through the cold snow. Eventually his feet started to bleed as the crystal ice shards cut into his foot as he had no shoes on. He didn't care. He couldn't lose her. Not her. Anything but her. He ran as fast as he could. Eventually he reached the border. He stopped and breathed in and eventually a sob came out. He threw his hands onto his face as he knee led down and cried. "She left me." he cried. He howled into the night as he held his heart over his chest clenching it as he cried in agony. 

A.N 

Sorry it has been a long time. During this season, I'm going to be busy with daily activities of my life so I probably won't be able to update frequency, hence the very late update. I apologize. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thanks for all your support and love. We've almost made it to a million views! Thank you. 

Much love, 

Dola