32~Jacob or Eva

Charlie's face is scrunched up in pain as I try to ignore the shaking in my hands. I'm so nervous and scared, nobody tells you that after nine months of waiting you'd be so nervous to meet your child, that you'd be terrified and thinking of every possible thing which can go wrong. "I love you." I try my best to comfort Charlie and she hums in agreement with my words. I swear everytime a doctor or nurse walks into the room I have to count back from 10 and take some deep breathes because my heart rate soars.

"I love you too." She whispers forcing a smile on her lips, but it's pained I can tell. It doesn't quite reach her eyes and just after a small whine leaves her. "Where's my Mom?" She asks a frown on her lips her eyes flicking between mine and the door once more. Adrianna was meant to be arriving today anyway but once I told her Char was actually in labour she bumped her flight and landed about an hour ago.

"They're stuck in traffic, they're not too far away and Hugo will get her here as fast as he can." I say in reply grabbing Char's hand in mine and drawing small circles on the skin there. She'd been stuck on 8cm dilated for the last two hours and I could see the tiredness beginning to show on her face. Her eyes were starting to show small bags underneath and she had a constant little adorable pout on her face which just made me want to...well I just wanna take it all away. If I could do this for her I would, she knows that.

Seeing her face scrunched up in pain each time a contraction hates her not only makes me feel sick with worry and excitement but is also making me increasingly angsty. Angsty enough to make my leg bounce against the floor, my head ache and consider running for the door. Not that I'd ever do that, not to her. "Hey, stop panicking." Char says softly as my head falls onto the bed beside of her.

"I can't help it." I mumble listing my head up and rubbing my eyes. "I think it's because I've been so excited and trying to stay positive this whole time....I'm stressed." I mumble helplessly squeezing Charlie's hand as she laughs quietly before gasping in pain once more.

"You know how..." Char pauses puffing out a breath then smiling a little, "We spent all that time in birth classes?" She asks and I nod making a small 'mhm' sound. "I can't remember a fucking thing." I laugh at Char's words and the annoyed expression on her face which is so cute yet so funny.

"I can remember some stuff." I say quietly my finger running up and down the skin of her arm as I stand up from the hard hospital chair and grabbing both of Charlie's hands. "Come on, stand up." She shuffles up with a huff cursing quietly as her legs slowly swing over the side of the bed and her body swivels towards mine. I help her slowly down from the bed which was just a little bit too high for her legs. "Okay lean over here." I coax her nervously scratching the back of my neck just after patting the bed. "Better?" I ask my hand massaging Char's lower back and she hums happily not answering me with words.

"We never settled on a name." Char sighs her hips swaying from side to side as I continue to massage the tense muscles there.

"Do we have to?" I ask, surely there's other things she should be focusing on right now. Like trying not to die! Okay so, maybe she won't die and I'm overreacting but, names, right now?

"Well, no not this moment but our child does need a name Justin." She snaps and I snort at her ignoring as she flips me the bird. I still find Charlotte's anger amusing at least? "Just humour me please, to take my mind off this before I claw you fucking eyes out." She hims softly reaching back to grasp my hand.

"Okay, still think it's a girl?" I ask and Char hums squeezing my hand tightly as another wave of pain hits her. "Well I still like Isabella, but what about Luna?" I ask and Charlie shakes her head.

"It's cute but I don't know how I feel about calling our baby that." She says and I nod in agreement. Just because I like the name doesn't mean it's right for Marshmallow. "What about Eva...like, Eva Victoria Bieber?" Char asks I frown for a moment trying not to get emotional because of this. Christ you'd think that I was the one giving birth right now from the way I'm going on.