Telling parents or family members you are a therian/otherkin

• Telling parents or family members you are a therian/otherkin •
Telling family members that you are a therian/otherkin is slightly different from telling friends. It's hard for now parents or other family members to understand what a therian/otherkin is because some weren't raised to have an open mind or to learn new things on their own. They live off their ways and now some don't know about the Internet. That is a whole new generation to experience new things and to learn different things that they haven't known. But kids, teens, or young adults have more experience in the Internet than most of the adults now. So having to tell them that you are a therian/otherkin and wearing tails, collars, ears, going out to the forest, meditate, or anything else will confuse them and some will think straight away that it's wrong without knowing the real reason. And the number one problem now with most adults now is that they don't accept their children differences or they are tying to hard to find out what is best for their children. Some try to let them be perfect, normal, sane, or to be just like them. But now in this century, it would be really difficult because now there is something new to learn everyday and some things that we accept, but they don't. Something that we learn and they haven't. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all adults are like this. Some adults are understanding and that they support their children to be whoever they want to be and with whatever choices they make. Telling your parents and or family members will definitely take time and time for you to be absolutely comfortable to tell them who you are. You don't have to tell them now, tomorrow, or at any specific date. If you don't want to tell them cause it scares you or gives you anxiety, then don't tell them. It's your choice. But you must also obey them when they tell you you can't wear a tail or any other specific gear. Give them time to get use to it. But you can also have support with you into telling them and backing on your views.

If needed any more information, corrections, or have questions, please comment. c: