Chapter 34:K Is For Kill

Alan-

We exit the hotel. There are hundreds of Nitaves outside, wielding weapons I've never seen before.

"Are you serious, Lola?" I say to her."You just had to bring them here!"

Lola smiles at the advancing army of Nitaves.

"No one will let me kill Maddy, so..." She trails off, shrugging.

I can see Maddy become scared at Lola's comment.

"Listen Lola." I say to Lola, grabbing one of her arms."You are not going to kill Maddy, I won't let you."

A Nitave armed with a glowing red dagger stalks toward the two of us. Before she can do anything, dozens of white arrows kill her and a couple other Nitaves. We turn and see Seth readying more arrows with a white bow, he most likely made it by using the moon's light.

I open massive holes in the ground, sending Nitaves hundreds of feet underground. Seth kills three dozen Nitaves with more arrows, and Lola is shredding Nitaves apart with two Nitave swords.

I hurl balls of fire at Nitaves, then I retrieve a Nitave sword from the ground. Twenty Nitaves charge at me all at once. With the sword in my hand, I spin around and transfer my flames to the sword.

Fire spreads and engulfs the Nitaves. I swing the sword and a horde of Nitaves' heads are chopped off without even making contact with the weapon. Seth opens a black hole above us and fifty Nitaves are sucked inside.

Maddy is sitting against a wall, looking sad as she watches the death all around her. I want to comfort her, but now is not the time.

"Watch out!" Seth yells. I look and see a Nitave plasma cannon being wheeled into position.

The Nitave manning the plasma cannon grins cruelly at us. Persi acts fast-ripping through the Nitaves with a dagger and a blaster, then killing the Nitave controlling the cannon.

"Thanks for saving our asses." Seth tells Persi.

Persi glances over his shoulder at the approaching mob of Nitaves.

"We're not free from danger, yet." He says, opening fire upon our enemies.

Seth gets knocked down by a Nitave, and gets into an intense fist fight with her. A SUV with a Nitave driver speeds into the parking lot, and Persi is knocked out and dumped into the vehicle.

I'm about to rescue Persi, when a giant Nitave dragon lands next to us. The SUV containing Persi drives away, leaving me deeply saddened.

Seth finally kills the Nitave and opens a black hole. The dragon is pulled inside the black hole, along with the remaining Nitaves. Once our enemies are inside the portal, Seth closes it.

Lola punches me on my cheek.

"Idiot!" She says, spite in her voice,"You let them get away with my brother."

She's about to attack me again, but Seth pulls her away. Then he strikes one of her pressure points and I'm relieved when she passes out.

"Thank God someone shut her up," I say. Then I walk over to Maddy and place a hand on her shoulder."It's okay Maddy, we'll find them. You wanna know how we're going to find them?"

"How?" Maddy asks me.

"This." I say, holding up a Nitave radar.