Family Ties

Pic of Lily above!!! Found on Deviant art by ZuzuTurkova! Please remember to vote and comment. Also please don't hate me for this chapter!!!! *runs and hides behind Klaus* 

 Also please don't hate me for this chapter!!!! *runs and hides behind Klaus* 

Being in the cabin with her father, after experiencing what she had felt like being locked in a room with a murderer. There was no proof and she wanted to believe the best in her father. She watched him as he watched TV, his face blank of any emotions. 

Then again, what had he ever done to recommend him? He'd never really cared about her had he? Sure, he'd done his duty and taken care of her until she was old enough to work, and he still allowed her to live with him. In fact, he'd put up a fit the last time she'd tried to move out. Lily had taken it as love but was it really? Was there some other reason for keeping her with him? She shook her head and made her way up the stairs to her room, sitting on her bed in silence and listening hard for his footsteps. 

He didn't follow her up. Why would he? Unless he'd really shot that little girl like Damien and Klaus said. And if he had, what if he discovered she knew about it and had helped her survive? What wrath would he unleash on Lily's head? 

"Lily." She jumped like a startled cat and just barely kept from shrieking. Standing by her window was Damien. She held up her finger to stall him and listen for any sign that her father had heard her have a small heart attack. Nothing. 

"Are you nuts? What is it with you and sneaking?" He raised a brow. 

"I came through your wide open window and said your name twice. Hardly sneaking." She straightened and laughed nervously. 

"I had some things on my mind. It's not every day your own father is accused of a heinous crime." She murmured, still feeling defensive despite her own doubts about Abel. 

"I know you owe me nothing, yet I have come to ask for your aid." The words sounded so formal in Damien's deep rumbling voice. 

"What do you need?" She asked. His eyes glinted at her in the dimly lit room and he walked forward and handed her a shell casing. She looked down at it. "Was this.."

"We found it in the underbrush near wear the little one was wounded. You have access to his home and his weapons. I ask that you verify whether this bullet is one of your father's. If it is, I must ask you to bring me the gun so that it may be tested." Her eyes widened. 

"That's a big ask Damien. Do you have any idea what he'll do if one of his guns goes missing? He'll blame me and..." She sighed when she saw his expression harden. "Fine, I'll do it." After all, he was her father, right? He would never hurt her. Not really. 

"You have our thanks. Call Klaus when you have an answer and we will protect you." She nodded and watched as he climbed out her window and made the action look graceful. She shook her head, unable to explain why she believed him.