Twins.

Her first thought was that they were somehow incomplete

Her first thought was that they were somehow incomplete. The two males standing before her were massive, as large as Klaus was and they looked identical except for the eyes. One had black eyes, and the other had red. They were clearly twins. Damien glared at them, clearly uncomfortable. 

"Where is your other brother?" He questioned. "Where is Alexander?" Red eyes smirked. 

"He's assisting our pack. It is under siege currently." Black eyes spoke up then as if completing his brother's thought. "And the Luna is having troubles with the Alpha." Both males eyes switched to her then, appraising, noses raising slightly in the air to take in her scent. Their interest in her was clinical, assessing, calculating. Lily stepped forward.

"We just dealt with a siege of sorts ourselves. I can feel the power rolling off of you two. If you are part of this Luna's pack then why aren't you defending her? Surely you don't need another pack's help?" Red eyes stepped forward, halting when Damien let loose a warning growl. 

"We heard another of the Lupus Antiqua's mates had surfaced but we had to confirm for ourselves. My name is Richard." She nodded at him. Then black eyes stepped forward, stopping just beside his twin. 

"I'm Micah." 

"It's nice to meet you both. Are you hungry or thirsty?" Her instincts as Luna were taking over, demanding she treat them as guests since they weren't hostile. Micah smirked and shook his head. 

"We couldn't put Damien out like that. He despises us." He grinned full force at Damien who simply glared, completely annoyed. Richard rolled his eyes. 

"It doesn't help that Micah lives to antagonize him. Still, we are thankful for your offer. We have come to ask for help as a matter of fact. Our Luna's mate is Cenric Fenrisson." 

Damien's eyes widened and his jaw went slack. 

"Cenric is still alive?" 

"Indeed, and he's no more in control of his wolf than he was in the beginning. Except now he has a mate and the largest pack the United States has ever seen. She's doing her best to help him control it, but she's barely managing it. What's worse they are fighting off a faction of wolf packs who attacked, fearing how large their pack grew." 

"Why are you not helping her control him?" 

"Cenric does not know us. The only other one of the ancients he knows is you, Damien. He sees his Luna as lesser than him. Worthy, but lesser. You, on the other hand, his wolf would accept as an equal." Lily stepped forward. 

"There is an issue. I went into Heat, pulling every female of age in the pack with me. We are about to have a great many pregnant females. With pups on the way, we can't spare the warriors or the Alpha." 

"What if they came to you? Our Luna trusts Alexander to run the pack in her absence. She could be convinced to travel here if it will help her mate. He will follow where she goes." 

"What can Damien do to help this Cenric person?" She wondered. "In reality, other than being a familiar presence, what good does it do?" She narrowed her eyes. They wanted to bring a feral time bomb into her pack. She had to put the pack first, no matter how badly Cenric Fenrisson needed help. 

Richard smiled calmly at her, serene almost. 

"He can teach him self control and show him an example of how an Alpha should lead. My brother' and I choose not to have our own packs and would be terrible teachers." 

"How did you come to join Cenric's pack?" Damien wondered. "I never would have pegged the infamous triplets to be pack wolves." Both males shrugged, identical smirks overtaking their expressions.

 "We didn't join for Cenric. We joined for the Luna, Quinn." They said it in unison and Lily shivered. They were a tad creepy, especially Micah with his fathomless black eyes. 

"What's so special about this Quinn female?" Asked Damien. 

"She's pureblood Alpha born and follows the old ways. The Moon Goddess chose her to be our Luna. We obey." They said the bit about obedience in unison too. It was like they shared one mind or something. 

Lily met Damien's gaze and they had a silent little debate about whether allowing Quinn and Cenric Fenrisson to come here was a good idea. Lily wasn't sure, but eventually, she gave in to the demand in Damien's mind. He was determined to help his ancient friend in any way that he could. The compromise was that he could not leave the pack to do it, even if the absence was for a short time only. Damien met each twin's gaze. 

"They may come here and stay for as long as it takes Cenric to learn to control himself, for the good of his pack and his Luna." The twins both nodded their heads and then they were loping out of the cabin, through the front yard and into the misty forest, vanishing from sight quickly. 

"Damien, they were very strange. It was almost as if they..." 

"Share the same mind?" He asked, completing her sentence for her. 

"Exactly! What's with that?" She asked. 

"The triplets have always been strange, even before the Moon Goddess gifted them with the wolf spirits. I remember a witch in the 1800's saying they had the Wyrd." 

"That they were weird?" Lily scrunched her nose, confused at his wording. He chuckled. 

"No. That they had the Wyrd. W-y-r-d. It means they had the gift of sight and prophecy, much like the fates in Greek Mythology." 

"So they can see the future?" 

"Richard sees the future. Micah sees the past, and Alexander sees the present. They are all three powerful alphas in their own rights but they refuse to separate from each other for longer than little missions like the one Micah and Richard went on to visit us."

"And what about Cenric?" She asked nervously.

"I can handle Cenric. I always could." She grinned at him and pulled her hair to the side and off of her neck to cool down, exposing her mark and letting her scent disturb the air in the room. Her temperature had begun to rise again. 

"Okay, but until Cenric arrives I can think of some other things you could be handling." She murmured suggestively.