The Heelshire Manor

Rosalinda's POV

I put my bags inside, while the driver was trying to wake up my older sister. She'll be working for the Heelshires as a nanny for their son, Brahms. My sister walked in. "Rosa, why didn't you wake me up when we got here?" She asked.

"Have you ever tried to wake yourself up? You sleep like a rock." I said to her. "Well, the family stepped out for a bit, so let's explore." She said, then took off her shoes and walked away.

I was confused as to why she took them off, but kept mine on. I walked around the downstairs area, when I heard footsteps. "Who are you?" A voice asked and I turned around to see a woman.

"Hello, you must be Mrs. Heelshire. I'm Rosalinda Evans, Greta's younger sister." I said politely. "Yes, you were mentioned by her. Where is she?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, sorry." I answer. "That is quite all right, please follow Mr. Heelshire to the parlor." She said and left.

"Pleasure to meet you, miss." He greeted, shaking my hand. "You as well." I greet and follow him to the parlor.

"This is Brahms." He says and I see a doll. I walk forward and kneel in front of him. "Nice to meet you, Brahms, I'm Rosalinda, Greta's sister. I hope we get along." I say, shaking his hand gently and smiling.

Then his father took my place. "Her name is Miss Evans. So we want you to be on your very best behavior. You're looking very smart. You know, I like that tie. Do you know why I like that tie?" He says and his wife, along with my sister walks in.

"Daddy." She said and he stood up to look at my sister. "Miss Evans, allow me to introduce Mr. Heelshire." She said. "Miss Evans." He greets.

"And this is our son, Brahms." She said and they moved, so she could see him. When my sister saw him, she started laughing and they looked at her. "So you've met Brahms then." A man I didn't know walked in and my sister looked at him.

"How are you doing, Brahms? Eh?" He greets as he walks over. "Now, you take it easy on Miss Evans and her sister. They've traveled a long way just to meet you. I'll be off then. The bill's on the table." He said, as he stood up.

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Evans and Miss Evans. I hope to see you on my next delivery." He said, walking out of the room. "Thank you, Malcolm." Mrs. Heelshire said.

"Of course." Malcolm said as he left. My sister walked over and shook Brahms' hand. "It's so nice to meet you, Brahms. I hope that you and I can be friends." She said.

"Daddy, will you take Miss Evans' and her sister's things up to their rooms, please?" Mrs. Heelshire asked. "Miss Evans, we might as well get started, I have a lot to show you." She said, looking at my sister and picking up Brahms as her husband started to leave.

"You may also join us, if you would like." She said, looking at me and I nodded. We started to walk up the stairs, then she started talking again. "You'll be all alone out here. Do you think you two can manage?" She asked.

"Yeah, of course." My sister said. "We should be fine, ma'am." I said to her.

"Hmm. Well, we've had a number of potential nannies come through already. Brahms has rejected them, all though they weren't nearly as young or as pretty as the two of you." She said, stopping for a moment.