[5] DIFFERENT SPECIES

There are too many books where the OC is a vampire. Or a werewolf. Or a witch.

Not trying to hate on those fantastic books but you guys should spice it up.

A human OC is always good. It stirs up drama and problems. They have a high risk of dying which brings in the good stuff.

But sometimes you have to give your OC some flavor. Give them that kick that makes them even more amazing.

Make them different.

Make them a different species. That's always awesome. And I'm not talking about a witch, vampire or werewolf. I'm talking about something different. Don't make your OC a banshee.

Here's a list of so many different things.

Supernatural List
Mermaid

Siren

Fairy

Wendigo

Shapeshifter

Angel

Kitsune

Demon

Nymphs

Hell Hounds

Phoenix

There are many more species out there, you can always look it up. Just ask the1andonlytifftiff she has a book called Devil In Disguise, it's a Stefan fanfiction, and her OC, Efah Nomed, is a demon aka Lucifer's sister.

Be unique with your characters, I know most authors hate when their OC is compared to another's. It always sucks. That's why you wanna be different. You gotta be special. You wanna be known as the writer who came up with that great idea with the great OC.

So be that writer. I know you guys can do it. Because you're all amazing.

~ Nicole