[6] LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

Okay, let's be honest.

When have you ever fallen in love at first sight?

*crickets chirping*

Never.

So what makes you think that characters like Damon and Klaus will fall in love at first sight???

They won't. You can not make a character fall in love at first sight. It isn't possible. Especially with people like Damon or Klaus.

You have to think it through. Think of all the trama these characters went through, the reasons they're the was they are. You can't have them obsessed with someone only to look your OC in the eyes and magically fall in love.

That's a big ass no.

Think it all through. Plan carefully. Make the relationship a slow burn. That's always good because your readers will be screaming for more.

A slow burn is always a good romance book. Because you're reading something like this.

His face was flushed red with anger, her fists were clenched by her sides. The screaming match they had just had left them breathless. He had slammed her into the wall during their argument, not intentionally of course. It was in the heat of the moment.

His eyes stared into her's something lying beneath them. It was as if her anger had vanished as their stare off continued. His eyes flickered to her lips for barely a second, then looked back up to her. His hands were pinned next to her head, trapping her body close to his. That was when her face flushed once more. Only this time it wasn't in anger. A blush covered her face and neck, tinting her skin in a rosy hue. That's when it happened.

He had started to lean in, her eyes had started to flutter shut. She could feel his breath on her lips, he seemed to hesitate before he finally brushed his lips against her. Before she had time to respond the door downstairs opened before closing once more. He pulled away from her as if she was burning his skin. Looking away she cleared her throat softly then shook her head and proceeded to walk out the room.

And then you're left wanting more. Wanting them to kiss. That's the awesome thing about slow burn romances.

Know this, slow burn is always better than love at first sight.

No hate to anyone who enjoys love at first sight but, yeah, you get the idea. ~Nicole