1

It was our first apartment since we moved away from my dad. My parents had gotten divorced, my sister and I ended up with my mom.

The apartment was an older building, not too much. It had the basics; a living room, connected to the kitchen. Inside the kitchen was the laundry room, it was only enough space for a washer and dryer and two shelves on the wall above that. Between the living room and kitchen was a short hallway, which had a bedroom on each side, a bathroom inside each of them.

Now, my mom got a bedroom to herself and my brother got the other. My sister and I slept on the couch, which I remember was dark green.

Only two things that I remember happened there. In my brother's bathroom, there were symbols on the mirror, they wouldn't go away no matter what we did. If we got rid of them, they'd appear again soon. I don't remember what the symbols were, as I was around 5 or 6.

Now onto part two.

One night, I remember waking up and looking around, it was dark, as it usually would be without any lights on, not even outside.

I saw a figure, it was darker than the darkness around. I was wide awake, too.

The figure wasn't just black. I don't remember the outline, where the figure stopped, but what I do know is, it had crimson glowing eyes.

It lasted not that long, but I know it was hovering over the couch, maybe me. The air was different, menacing. I wasn't necessarily afraid, in fact, quite the opposite. I was calm, despite the eerie feeling I got from it.

 I was calm, despite the eerie feeling I got from it

»ω«ω»ω»ω«ω»ω«ω»ω«ω»ω«

Well, this is the first installment on my road of seeing ghosts. I know it's continuing, even today. I don't think this book will be complete for a long time, since something just happened only a couple minutes ago... I'll have to write about it.