Family Tree

February 1, 2018

So in Biology class, we're doing our family trees. Well, I happen to have an interesting tree. I have a half-brother thrown into the mix.

But that's not the weird part of the family. So, remember my granpa's sister that died?

I got to thinking what would have happened if she survived (she died of the flu). Now, my grandpa's parents waited 10 years to have him. They were broken about Myrna's death and never forgot about her.

That being said, I came up with three scenerios:

1. Myrna survives, he isn't born
If they just wanted one kid and she survived, he probably wouldn't exist (at least, not this family tree), which would mean that my mom wouldn't be in this family tree either, I wouldn't. We might not even exist at all.

2. Myrna survives, he's born early
As they had waited 10 years due to grief, if she didn't die he might have been born almost a decade earlier. As a result, he might not have married my grandma, which means my mom's mom or dad would be different. My mom or dad would be different. My half-brother's would be different, my sister's would be too.We might not look the same as we do today. And I'd probably have been born a decade earlier too.

It's odd thinking how one event causes another, what would happen if that one event never happened. It's mysterious how our family trees become the way they are. It's kind of weird to think of too.

It kind of reminds me of fate. I think fate and destiny may really exist.