Chapter 13 (Edited)

I jumped back as Garrett lunged at me, barely missing a scratch. "Come on, you can do better than that," I taunted, causing him to growl out a warning. I just snorted and backed away from another attack that Garrett had done, staying on the tip of my toes.

"Stay back," I heard Jack order the pack members. "Sam will be fine. She has been doing this for quite awhile."

"But, she is my best friend," I heard Thomas yell out. "And you are having her fight some feral Wolf?"

Garrett growled and turned his gaze towards my "mate". His ears were flat on the back of his head while he started to stalk towards him. I could feel his anger spike by the fact that my mate was there.

I huffed and rolled my eyes, kneeling down and picking up some pieces of rock that was lying on the ground. "Someone shut him up or get him away from here," I snapped, throwing a couple of the rocks at Garrett. "Focus on me, Garrett," I muttered underneath my breath, watching the male.

He snarled and shook his head before turning his gaze towards me. He started to stalk towards me, the hair on the back of his neck standing up. Anger filled his eyes, which would probably scare the weak of heart and those that weren't used to seeing him so angry.

I took a deep breath, keeping my eyes trained on him. Anticipation filled my body, causing my heart to pound. I took another deep breath, calming my beating heart.

Garrett started to circle around me, trying to get me to feel as if I was prey. His front end was lower than his back, and I could tell that he was thinking of where he should pounce. And, in a couple of seconds, that was what Garrett had done.

I jumped out of his way again, keeping my eyes trained on the raging Wolf. My breathing was even as I dodged his attacks, knowing that it would be better for him to get tired before I started to attack.

Garrett growled a warning, causing me to scoff and roll my eyes. He started to stalk me again, trying to find a weakness, even though he knew most of mine just as much as I knew about his.

"Sam!" I heard Jack call out.

I turned my head a bit, keeping one eye on the Wolf and the other to see Jack holding two daggers. I watched as just as he tossed them, just as Garrett lunged for me. I quickly ducked underneath him and rolled in circle before catching both daggers that weren't made of silver.

"Let's do this," I muttered to myself just as Garrett got up. I did not wait until he attacked me before attacking, nicking him with both daggers before dancing out of the way of his claws and teeth.

Garrett snarled and shook out his fur, watching me, in annoyance. He tested my reaction time by jumping forward before slinking backwards.

"Does this happen a lot?" I heard Robbie asking Cel.

"Ya," Cel replied. "The longest was..."

"The longest was eight hours," I finished for her. I took a step forward, causing Garrett to growl. "That was when three guys tried to play hooky with me." I lunged forward, causing Garrett to back up and stalk away from me.

Garrett lunged, causing me to duck underneath him and flicking the daggers up into the soft flesh of his stomach. He yowled out in pain, even though I didn't nick him as bad as I would've another Wolf that I didn't know. He grunted and shook out his fur before jumping towards me and then skirting back.

Since both of us knew what the other was going to do, we started to play cat and mouse. Each of us wanted the upper hand, but the other person wouldn't give it up. So, this made for us to do more lunging before backing up and testing each other's strength.

"Just finish it all ready," Cel complained, causing both Garrett and I to growl at her. I kept my eyes trained on the Wolf, but I knew that she just scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I am hungry and want some food."

"You are always hungry," I said, running towards Garrett and going to the left. I watched as Garrett moved to the right before jumping up and doing a flip onto his back. Quickly, I wrapped my legs around his chest and squeezed just as he started to rear up and buck, trying to get me off of his back.

"Yes, but that isn't my fault. Some people decided to steal my food while we were at a rest area."

I wrapped my arms around Garrett's neck, dropping the daggers to the ground, knowing that Jack will probably get them later. "You were taking so long," I grunted as Garrett rammed me into a tree. "Flippin' hell, that is going to leave a mark." I tightened my grip across his neck, choking him.

'Use your powers and get the air out of his lungs,' Jack said, watching the scene unfold. 'I think his Wolf is in control, so you might need to calm him down before going back in.' "And, it isn't our fault for stealing your food, Cel," he said out loud. "We were bored and wondered how much food we can eat before you get out."

"And everyone ate all of it," Cel grumbled, as I started to take away Garrett's air supply. "So, don't blame me for being hungry."

Garrett stopped moving and started to choke, not able to get anything into his lungs. He swayed before toppling over, unconscious because of the lack of air.

I made sure that he wouldn't get hurt by the fall by using my powers and hopping off. I noticed that everyone was watching me, and I could see shock and fear in my tormentor's eyes. My eyes drifted over to the Alpha family, and I saw Uncle Ryker and Aunt Cala holding back Thomas while his "girlfriend" tried to get the attention of the unfocused male. My breath caught in my throat when I saw Thomas looking at me with lust.

"That was... awesome," Aunt Cala said, causing my gaze to shift towards her. There was a smile on her face, and I could feel how proud she was of me. "I never thought that you would be able to fight like that. I am very proud of you."

I smiled at her before giving a beaming grin when Uncle Ryker nodded his head in agreement. "Thank you, both," I said. "That means more to me than you both can ever imagine.

"I think we do know," Uncle Ry said, causing his mate to slap him across the head. He looked around to see that the packs were watching us and cleared his throat. "Now, I think that everyone should be going and getting ready for dinner. Sam, find Cala in the kitchen when you are done here. Jack's father had given me the rundown of what happens with him."

I nodded my head. "Yes, Uncle," I replied, blantly ignoring the growls of the pack members that hated me calling him my Uncle.

Uncle Ryker growled at them, causing them to bow their heads. "If anyone has problems with her calling me uncle, then you will answer to me. Does everyone understand?"

"Yes, Alpha," they chorused, but I could tell that they will probably show their dominance over me.

'Let them,' Cyra said, causing me to hum in agreement.

"Now, everyone leave. Even you people that like to hang out with Sam," Uncle Ry ordered, causing everyone to nod and leave.

Cel handed me some guy shorts as well as some stuff to take care of the wound on the back of my leg. "You might want to take care of that before it gets infected," she said, winking. She left followed by Robbie, and I knew that they would be talking over stuff and getting to know each other.

I watched as everyone left before sitting down, exhaustion hitting me hard. "Damn," I muttered under my breath. I cleaned my wound, hissing at the peroxide that I poured on it before wrapping up the bandage. After I was done cleaning that wound, I moved over to Garrett and started to clean his wounds.

He laid motionless, causing me to think that I had killed him before seeing his stomach move up and down and one paw twitching.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips while I sat back on my haunches. "And now, I wait," I said, sitting down on my butt and waiting for my friend to wake up.