Chapter 18 (Edited)

Uncle Ryker squeezed me before letting me up. A sad smile was on his face while he wiped the remains of the tears off of my face. He kissed my forehead before he moved out of my way to show a worried looking Jack.

I gave him a watery smile and held out my arms. I closed my eyes and sighed with relief when he pulled me into his arms, feeling relaxed. "I am fine," I whispered, taking a deep breath of his scent.

"It's hard seeing you cry," Jack mumbled, taking in my scent to calm his Wolf. "It's freaky too."

I bit back a snort and rolled my eyes. I knew that it was freaky for him to see me cry. Sure, Jack was like my Teddy Bear, but I didn't let anyone see me feeling weak. It didn't help that sometimes when I did cry, my emotions affected the elements that I controlled.

Uncle Ryker cleared his throat, causing Jack and I to pull apart. He gave me a small smirk and wiggled his eyebrows, even though he knew that neither of us would date the other. "I do want to see your Wolf," he said, finally. "And, you do need a place to train in your Wolf form." He glanced at Jack. "I'm guessing that you are her designated fighter?"

"Unfortunately," Jack grumbled, causing me to slap him across the back of his head. He grimaced and rubbed his head. "Ouch, Sam. What was that for?"

"For being an ass," I replied with a huff, folding my arms across my chest. "You don't have to sound too excited."

"I get beat by a girl," he huffed. "I'm an Alpha."

"Grr. Me Alpha. Me beat up people for fun and win at any fights against anyone. Grrr," I said, mockingly, pounding my chest like an ape. I smirked when both Cyra and Uncle Ryker snickered while Jack growled out a warning. "Grow up. I am supposed to be a big shot to fight bad guys."

"So you want to go now?" Jack asked, raising an eyebrow. He folded his arms across his chest, trying to make his muscles look more intimidating.

"Bring it on, Teddy," I said, calling him by his nickname. I smirked while he glared and took a step towards me.

"Ok, before there is any fighting in my office, let us go see the place where you two will be able to take it out on each other," Uncle Ryker said, intervening a fight that would have happened.

I stuck my tongue out at Jack, causing him to snort and roll his eyes. "Sure," I said. "Cyra does need to be stretched out."

Uncle Ryker nodded his head and moved to the bookshelf that he had told us not to touch. He smiled fondly at some memory that crossed his mind, touching the bookshelf. "Remember when you and Thomas would sneak into my office to play away from the other kids?" he asked.

I snorted and rolled my eyes. I couldn't help but let out a small smile appear on my face because I did remember the times that Thomas was in my corner and played with me. "I remember," I hummed. "I think it was me that came up with an idea that you had a secret tunnel behind the bookstore."

Uncle Ryker smirked, grabbed a book and pulled the book for the shelf, making the whole bookcase move.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening in surprise. "I was right!"

"Don't seem so excited," Jack mused. "You know that you can't show him."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, knowing what Jack had meant. "I wasn't even gonna plan on being alone with him," I grumbled. I moved a hand through my hair and sighed. "Let's go and see where this tunnel leads."

Uncle Ryker smirked and nodded his head. "Let's go." He started to walk down the tunnel.

Jack and I looked at each other before shrugging. We followed him into the tunnel with me leading and Jack taking up the rear.