Chapter 28 (Edited)

A/N: Please, read author's note at the end.

________________________________________________________________

The following week had been pure torture for me and the whole pack. Everyone was on edge because I had made sure that there were more training practices, and no one was allowed to go out by themselves.

There was a curfew of 9pm on all pack members, excluding those that were patrolling the borders to make sure that no one came in nor anyone left. Sometimes, pack members did try to leave, but they stopped after I had cussed and punched someone in the face. Thankfully, it was Thomas, so I wasn't feeling that guilty.

After that, everyone listened to the lockdown and the curfew, staying indoors and out of harm's way. This did cause some fights to break out, but they were broken up quickly and made to do more hours of training.

A startled scream broke me from my thoughts, causing me to groan out in annoyance but head in that direction. This better be good, I thought, picking up my pace when I felt Cyra start to pae around my head.

'It's time,' Cyra said, causing me to tense and start to run faster than I had been.

'Get everyone ready. They're here,' I said through the link to Jack, causing him to growl softly. 'Tell everyone.'

'On it,' Jack said. 'We'll see you there.' He paused and sighed. 'Is it time?' he asked.

'Yes, it's time for me and the White Wolves to come out from hiding,' I said, jumping into a tree to grab my staff. I jumped through the trees, knowing that I wanted to keep the element of surprise on my side.

Jack sighed, and I could tell that he didn't like this one bit. 'Good luck,' he said.

'You too,' I replied. I closed the link between me and my pack, knowing full well that I needed to keep my head to myself. My whole body was shaking from adrenaline, causing me to run faster.

I made it to the place where I had heard the scream and saw six Rogues surrounding two girls that were a part of the pack. By the way that Cyra was acting, I knew that they weren't being controlled, and so when they started to attack the females, I quickly sent a gust of wind at them, knocking them into some trees.

I jumped beside the females, pointing my staff at the six and keeping an eye on them. "Run," I said to the females, causing them to bolt away from me.

The Rogues growled out a warning, causing me to growl before they started to circle around me. Foam and saliva dripped from their jaws, causing me to wrinkle in disgust. They didn't attack, and I knew that they were waiting for orders from someone who was close by.

"I'm done playing games," I said, feeling the person shift to another side. "Get away from that tree before I blow it to the ground."

Clapping sounded through the air as the person stepped from behind the tree. His brown eyes held distaste and a glit that I couldn't put my finger on. He sneered, showing white teeth with yellow over the edges. "White Wolf," he said, bowing mockingly. "It's a pleasure to see you again. Tell me? How is the parent killer?"

"I don't know, you tell me," I replied, sarcastically. "How does it feel to make a child to come out as a murderer?"

The male scowled before smirking. "I see that you still have your spirit," he said in disgust. "No matter. I can break that."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Ya, good luck with that," I replied, sarcastically. I kept one eye on him while I made sure that I had the other Rogues in my sights. "Why don't you take your Wolves away and leave this pack? There is nothing here for you."