Chapter 22: Chris

_____

Ethan 

---------

I threw the journals into a saddlebag along with some of the letters. Charlotte was talking with Lyanna while Evan piled some things in another saddlebag to carry.

God I hoped Jaxon had something. If I had to sit through one more conversation with Thomas and Miranda, I was pretty sure that their heads will be on the table. When Miranda mentioned pups, my pups, I thought my beast was going to eat her eyes out of her sockets.

He was more than protective of any child of ours, and the thought of them breathing the same air as Thomas and Miranda made him livid. Pups. I prayed the moon would hold off on that, we had such a sea of shit to navigate through right now; the thought of bringing a child into it infuriate my beast as it did me.

"Why don't Lyanna and I go to Pop and Lucy's?" Char offered as she slipped on a clean dress. It was a dark turquoise that made her skin look like soft porcelain. "We can have Ryder and the guys follow us?"

I mused for a bit. My beast was uneasy about it, but we were uneasy about her going anywhere without us. Evan nodded a little. "Wouldn't be bad brother, maybe they can find something out while we're with Jaxon?"

"Take Ryder and Murphy I'm going to have Martin and Sam wait here for Aaron and Amber," I replied.

"You think they will talk?" Evan asked.

I nodded. "Aaron sounded almost desperate to leave, and I think it's the right thing to do. If we don't send them away, there's a chance the pack would turn on them after the challenge just because of who they are. If the pack doesn't they will always be labeled as Thomas' kids. I think this would be good for them."

"Me too," Char added before she walked over to me and kissed my cheek.

"Alright, but that blonde better spill," Evan replied firmly.

I nodded. "I think Aaron can coax her."

"Where do you think that box is?" Lyanna asked.

Char shrugged. "I have no idea."

We walked outside where I pulled Charlotte to me. Kissing her and memorizing the curves of her lips before I pulled away. "Link me if anything happens."

"Same to you white hot," she replied with a small smirk.

I breathed out a laugh and kissed her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you, Ethan, now go. Lyanna and I will meet you after."

I nodded then trotted off with Evan who pulled away from Lyanna a little reluctantly. We hauled ass to the pack line; my feet couldn't run fast enough.

I could just hope and pray and hope and pray that what Jaxon found was legitimate. God that would be like winning the lottery right about now, and with our luck, it seemed unlikely, but we could always hope. Maybe we would get lucky?

"Should we alert the warriors?" Evan asked as we weaved between trees.

"No, not until we know for sure," I responded before jumping over a fallen limb.

We ran past the guards until we saw Derek waiting with Caden next to him; he had some sweatpants in one hand and was waving to us with the other.

Evan and I shifted a few feet away from them. I tugged the pants on then nodded to Caden and Derek. "How's Elliot?"

"Good," he smiled out. "He and Levi are getting some blood. Barrett and Evie always need a little topper when they have to dream walk for a while."

"They here?" Evan asked.