Chapter 47: Under The Comforter

I woke up to the light pooling into the room; my achy limbs were like tired bricks intertwined with Ethan's. Taking a deep breath that led to a yawn, I sat up and stretched out my arms when I realized that my body did not tingle, but there were pains in places that I didn't realize that I could have pain. Bruises and love bites littering my skin, my mark bitten open again–touching it drawing a satisfied smile to my lips at the thought of the memory, and my toes stiff from curling so much–I had a love-hate relationship with 'the heat.' 

There was no heat. No pain from the heat. No waves of so much arousal that it made me want to pull my own hair out. Nothing.

It was gone.

I sat back for a moment, wary that it was a false alarm. Yawning again while I rubbed my face and waited for it to lap at me with its hungry tongue. I waited, but nothing happened.

Sliding back down into the bed, my lips turned into a relieved smile while my eyes blinked from the heaviness of sleep calling me back. Something vibrated off of Ethan who was sleeping heavily next to me; I curled back down as his arms subconsciously pulled me to him, close so my head was tucked against his chest where his scent sang me back to sleep like it was a soft lullaby.

A nose was tickling my belly. My skin twitched as the lips attached to the nose grazed over me before the nose inhaled deeply while the lips placed a tender kiss on my stomach.

"What are you doing?" I groaned out, my voice hoarse and raspy from crying out so many times during our previous activities from the last day.

Blinking my eyes open. I rubbed them then looked down to see Ethan with his brows furrowed and his nose pressed to my belly like he was a damn blood hound. "Ethan, what the hell are you doing?"

"Sshh," he replied. "I'm trying to concentrate."

"On what?" I asked with a sleepy brow raised.

He inhaled again, his brows furrowing more before he sighed and rested his cheek on my stomach, looking back at me with tired blue eyes. "Lander said he could smell all three of his."

"His?" I asked, my mind still felt like mush and started to kick slowly into gear. "Oh," I breathed out.

I looked at my belly then at him then at my belly. "Well? Can you?"

My beast pressed forward and cocked her head as Ethan looked down and smelled again, his brows furrowing as his nostrils flared. He looked back up at me and shook his head. "The heat's gone but you just smell like you."

My wolf whined a little as small tendrils of disappointment grasped at me. Ethan sighed while his fingers moved to draw little circles on my stomach. "It sometimes takes a long time. Both Lander and Levi didn't have their pups until later in life."

"Three hundred something?" I slowly repeated back. "God I forgot how old his cranky ass was."

Ethan chuckled and nodded. "I think dad was around the same, maybe a little younger when Eli was born."

My wolf whined, though. I reached out and rubbed her fur mentally, we had to see it as a good thing–we had to be positive. I think she was more pissed that we went through all that pain for nothing, that is until I reminded her of the fantastic orgasms we had from it. That seemed to satisfy her whining.

My fingers mindlessly started to play with Ethan's hair while he continued to lay on my stomach. "Maybe it's a good thing–actually it probably is."

He snapped his eyes to me, his beast laying down with a tired frustration in his eyes. I shrugged while my beast rolled over with her belly out, she was more than exhausted. She needed to hibernate for about a month.