Chapter 27: There Will Be Blood

_____

Ethan

_____

If she wasn't standing next to me, grounding me through the bond that was buzzing like a firefly, then there was a very a big chance that I would have marched across that ring and tore his head off right now.

She was my anchor and I was hers. I could feel her blood humming so loudly that if I was a lesser wolf I wouldn't have been able to hear myself think.

The vampires pushed through some of the Tikanni pack and nodded to me. Derek and Elliot were looking Charlotte with a concerned eye, like brothers looking out for their sister. Barrett and Evie were eying Emmett and Lucy, practically licking their fangs at the sight. I smiled inwardly, as had my beast; we had grown fond of the little pixie vampire and her mate. 

I looked back at Thomas as my wolf snapped out; he was ready as was I, but we had to wait a little longer. We didn't come this far to just toss it all down the drain. We would have this pack, and we would have it the right way. He agreed, he knew how important it was and he could wait. Sometimes vengeance wasn't a quick trip, sometimes it was slow and required great amounts of patience–patience that I sure as hell knew I had exhibited up to this moment.

Billy stepped forward with a leather journal and nodded to me and then to Thomas, moderating the challenge so we could make sure that no one crossed the line. This would be done right, in a way that would make my father proud.

My father.

I was in the same place that he had spoken to me in my dream; my feet in the same place his were, and in that moment it was like I could feel him with me. Like he was sitting on my shoulder and whispering in my ear and guiding me through the moment.

"Per our pack laws, they dictate that the challenger must present sustainable evidence to support his claims of a challenge," Billy called out. "So Ethan, what do you have?"

Billy was almost giddy when he asked the question, causing me to bite back a laugh. I nodded to Jake who waved his hand towards some guards. They pulled Larissa and Tate forward to the front and forced them to kneel next to Emmett and Lucy.

The pack gasped out and whispered a little more hotly as Andrea stepped up with Jaxon next to her, his hand on the small of her back as she clutched the bag protectively.

Aaron and Amber walked forward; Aaron was rubbing Amber's back while she tried to quiet her sobs as they stood between two warriors.

Pack members shrieked out while Thomas growled and Miranda covered her mouth, shaking her head before she looked at me and snarled. "What have you done to them?!"

"Nothing compared to what you have," Charlotte bit back, silencing her as her eyes widened in fear. She should be damn scared, Charlotte's beast was two seconds away from turning into the things that nightmares were made out of.

I looked over at Billy and nodded. "We have witnesses and evidence to support that Thomas and Miranda Browning collaborated with Emmett and Lucy Everette in order to assassinate the alpha family–my mother, father, and brother, attack our pack, and murdered the luna and alpha children of the Tikanni pack–Eve, Lucas, and Lydia Thorne.

"We also have witnesses and evidence to support that they have been actively allowing rogues on our land, conspired with pack members, and attempted to kill my mate as well as Evan's mate Lyanna Thorne."

Pack members were covering their mouths now. Mother's picked up their children while men moved in front of their families. The group of females, Charlotte's friends filed into the front. They all nodded at her and eyed Miranda like she was a piece of meat that has been perfectly marinaded.