19: Dinner

Harbour's Grill was about an hour away as we entered the lower region of Manhattan.  It was in a beautiful location, right on the water.  It's very pretty especially since there are garland lights wrapped around trees and their branches, giving it that fairytale glow kind of. 

The driver parked the car next to the sidewalk, and opened the door for us.  Mr. Smith got out first, and extended his hand out for me to take.  I took it and climbed out the car. 

"Park the car in the nearest garage."  Mr. Smith commands to the tall driver.  The guy nods and gets back in the car. 

As we walked to the restaurant, I realized that this is a very fancy place.  The exterior was nothing but glass and it was the same for the interior, all the more making it look extravagant. 

While we walked inside, Mr. Smith placed his hand on my lower back, sending a shiver down my spine.  I'm not sure if this gesture is just him being polite or not, but I kind of like it. 

"Hi, welcome to Harbour's Grill.  Do you have a reservation?"  The lady at the podium asks.  I couldn't help but notice how beautiful this woman was.  She was tall and Palestinian.  With her olive skin tone and almond shaped eyes. 

"No.  But I know the owner."  Mr. Smith says in a business tone.

"I'm sorry, but you can't get in unless you have a reservation."  She says, shaking her head.  My face flushes a little, I've never seen Mr. Smith get denied access to somewhere.  It may not be embarrassing for him, but it feels like it to me.

"Bring me the owner."  Mr. Smith demands.  The woman looks at him like she couldn't believe that he talked to her that way.  But she complies as she leaves her podium to go get the owner.

"So Mr. Smith-"

"No, outside of work, I'm Adam.  When we're at work, call me Mr. Smith."  He interjects. 

That took me by surprise.  "Um...okay."  I say, totally disregarding what I was going to say.

"What was it that you wanted to tell me?"  He asks, looking down at me.  But when he looks down, he doesn't meet me in my eyes.  His gaze is focused on my cleavage for some reason. 

"Never mind."  I say, shaking my head.  He nods his head and tears his eyes off my chest and waits for the woman to come back.

When she does, There's a tall handsome man walking with her.  He has nice tan skin, brown eyes, and a nice chiseled jaw.  Mr. Smit-I mean Adam, knows this guy? 

"Adam!"  The guy says with a big smile.  The woman and I just watch their interaction as Adam smiles back and they hug. 

"Vince, what's up?"  Adam asks once they pull away from their hug. 

The guy named Vince shrugs, "Nothing much.  So who's this beautiful young lady you have here?"  He asks, eyes raking over my body. 

"This is my secretary Elizabeth.  Elizabeth, this is my brother Vince."  Adam introduces.  Mr. Smith has a family?  Okay that was ignorant of me to think so, but I'd never expect him to have a sibling.

"Nice to meet you."  Vince says, extending out a hand to me.  I take it and shake it as I smile.

"You too." 

"Nina, I got it from here."  Vince tells the Palestinian worker.  She nods her head and Vince escorts us to a table outside.

"So what brings you here?  I thought you and your model girlfriend are still together."  Vince asks as he chooses an isolated table away from all the others outside.