67: Paper Jam

Shit, damn it, fuck, fuckity-fuck. I'm running late for work...again. I try my best on not exceeding the speed limit as I hurriedly drive my sorry ass over to Smith Enterprise. It didn't help that the drivers out here are being stupid and don't know how to drive. Ugh, Adam is gonna be pissed at me...as per usual.

Once I arrive, I quickly park my car in the garage and hop on the elevator into the building. I pass by Pam who greets me which I reply with a meager nod of my head. I rapidly press the "up" arrow on the wall, queuing for the elevator. The longer it took, the more my stomach twists and the more anxious I get. I was about to yell out a list of profanities out of frustration when the elevator decides to show up.

I hop on and quickly press number eight on the pad, wishing that the elevator had super speed. I check the time on my watch and frown.  9:30 am, it reads.  Well...if I look on the bright side...who am I kidding?  No bright side is going to make the time go back. 

The doors finally open as I hurry off, rushing over to my desk.  I place my belongings on it and take a breath to collect myself. I really need to get a new alarm clock if this is gonna be reoccurring thing.

I take one more breath, letting it out, and walk over to Adam's door, knocking on it.

"If you're not Ms. Ennis, then go away." I heard his cold tone snap.

Oh great, telling by his voice, I know he's annoyed as hell. Great, I'm just going to have to endure.

"It's me." I croak, not really ready for whatever is going to happen to me.

There was a soft sound of shuffling movement I heard through the door as footsteps were approaching closer.

The door opens, revealing Adam's clean cut face. The stubble shaven off, his green eyes a sharp color, and his hair gelled. He frowns at me as he grabs my wrist and pulls me inside his office, closing the door shut.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't punish you right now." He grumbles, narrowing his eyes at me.

Feeling his intense gaze, I shift uncomfortably in my spot as I drop my gaze to the floor. "I-um...there was traffic...an-and my alarm clock..."

He sighs as he grabs both of my hands and leads me to a chair in front of his desk. He ties my wrists to both of the arm rests with rope, that he so happens to have on him. "Not a good enough reason." He whispers in my ear.

"Adam..." I whimper, really worrying on what he's about to do to me.

His sharp eyes dart up to mine as he holds my chin. "Don't worry, I won't harm you. I'm just tying you up."

Once he finishes tying triple knots on each wrist, he stands up and looks down at me, leaning against his desk.

"Do you know why I tied you up, Ms. Ennis?" He asks, furrowing his dark brows.

"Because I was l-late." I mumble, feeling heat course through my neck.

He shakes his head. "Not only that, but you never replied back to me last night. You don't ever leave me opened, you answer all my texts. Is that clear?"

I slowly nod my head, uncomfortable under his strong gaze.

"Do I make myself clear?" He asks again, tone getting thicker.

"Y-yes." I mumble.

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, sir." But that apparently wasn't the right response.