22: Cold Soup

I frown at the text Adam sent me this morning saying that I don't have to come to work today.  My question is why though.  Is he too ashamed to see me after the kiss last night?  Is he too worried that I'll yell at him or something like that?  Because if he is, then there's no need to worry.  I just want to talk about why he kissed me.  I want to talk about it and find his reasonings.  Since I don't have to go to work today, I text Ian. 

Me: Hey, I don't have to work today

Ian: I don't either.  But that's because I'm sick

Me: Oh no!  Gimme your address and I'm coming right over

Ian: No, no it's okay.  I don't want you to catch whatever I have

Me: Ian, give me your address

It doesn't take long for him to send me his address and once he's sent it to me, I start to get ready.  I take a quick shower and put on some yoga pants and a Nike hoodie with the free runs.  I grab my purse along with my phone and head out my apartment and into my Coop. 

It still is beyond me how Adam got someone to drive my car here without my car keys.  I'm gonna have to find that out soon. 

Before I start the car, I check around to make sure whoever drove my car didn't steal anything.  But to be fairly honest, I don't have anything of value in here just laying around.

I start my car and drive to Ian's apartment according to his address.  It doesn't take me long to get there, only about ten minutes tops which is really convenient.

When I arrive at his apartment, I just sit there in my car and gawk.  He has one of the biggest apartments in the neighborhood along with others.  I stare at the tall structure with gray stone walls along with tall glass windows.  This is probably five times the size of my apartment. 

I get out of my car and walk up the nice steps to his door.  I rang the doorbell once and an old lady with a blue dress and a white apron on shuffles to the door.  She opens the door and looks up at me with her pale wrinkly face.

"Yes, may I help you?"  Her shaky voice says.  Do I have the wrong address?  I thought to myself, peering down at the short woman. 

"Um...I'm looking for Ian?  Ian Smith?"  I ask, looking past her shoulders inside the nice interior. 

As if just on cue, I saw Ian run down the steps and take over the door as the old lady looks up at him and moves out of the way. 

"It's okay Bernice.  I got it."  He says, watching her leave to go do something else. 

Ian looks at me with his gorgeous brown eyes and he smiles.  He does look sick.  His eyes are puffy and his nose is all red.  But his smile is still his smile. 

"Hello beautiful.  Come in."  Ian says, as he closes the door behind me. 

"Why thank you very good sir."  I grin, facing him. 

"Would you like to come up to my room?"  He offers, voice sounding all congested. 

"Sure."  I answer, taking a quick look around his expensive looking apartment. 

"Okay, follow me."  He instructs.  He leads the way up the stairs as I follow. 
We reach his room which is the first room on the second floor.  I enter his master bedroom and have to gawk once again. 

A large room with tan carpeting and white walls with cream colored drapes to accompany the windows.  All accessorized with a king sized bed that has a white duvet comforter with a thousand pillows.  He has a large flat screen tv hanging on the wall that's facing the bed and a huge closet that's wide open-filled with clothes everywhere.