52: Too Sweet and Too Kind

This chapter is dedicated to WhiteRoseStories for her amazing cover work!
__________________________

The next day, I spent most of my morning trying to reach out to Ian. But he hasn't been answering my calls or texts. He probably wants space. So I put my phone down in defeat and give contacting him a rest.

Carly went out to the store to buy some more groceries since we were on low inventory, leaving me alone.

I sigh, I can't be cooped up in my room all day. I need to get out and get some fresh air to alleviate some stress. I took the cowardice way and decided to not show up at work today. I don't think I'm emotionally ready to be around Adam just yet, and I don't think he'd mind if I wasn't around either.

I get up out of bed and decide on passing up a shower. There's just no point and who am I gonna try and impress anyways?

I pull on an old pair of black yoga pants that I found in my closet and a blue shirt with a couple of stains on it. I toss my hair up into a bun, pull a jacket on and slip on some shoes as I head out the door. I need fresh air, is all I could think about.

I hopped in my car and put the heat on full blast and pulled off of the curb. I debate calling my mom, but decided against it since I don't think I'm ready to hear her complaints about me not finding the right man.

I drive around the city for a few minutes until I decided to park somewhere and just go for a walk.  The brisk October air feels great as it brushes against my cheeks, causing me to see my breath every time I exhale. 

This walk gives me time to think about how I want to approach Adam when I'm ready to talk to him.  Should I apologize when I come in for work tomorrow?  Should I even go to work tomorrow?  I wonder if he'll be pissed if I take the rest of the week off.  He probably will be since his business must run on.  So if I go tomorrow, I should probably say I'm sorry, even if he doesn't want to hear it.  Yeah, I just might do that. 

As I walk by a cute little cafe, I caught a glance of what I thought was Carly and Ian inside, sitting at a table.  I stop in my tracks and do a double take to make sure I'm not seeing things and jump to conclusions.  I walk up to the glass window and look inside, and sure enough, they were sitting across from each other, both with a coffee and a donut. 

So many emotions are running through me now.  But I'm not sure whether to be pissed or hurt.  At the moment though, I think I'm more angry than I am upset.  That bitch told me she was going to the grocery store.  So all this time she's been lying to me about not liking Ian.  Well this totally changes things. 

Not thinking twice, I barge into the cafe and march over to their table, aiming my glare towards Carly. 

"You liar."  I seethe once I arrive at their table, pointing my finger at her. 

She gives me a look of shock like she doesn't know what I'm doing here, and then her shock quickly turns into panic. 

"I was just having a conversation-" she begins, but I wasn't hearing it. 

"Save it.  You know, I thought you were my friend and that you'd be there for me.  But no, all this time, you were trying to get your chance with him."  I nod my head in Ian's direction who is just giving me a confused look. 

"I know what it looks like, but it's not what you think."  She feebly explains, shorting me pleading looks. 

I shake my head.  "You are a lying bitch.  I can't believe that you would do this to me.  How could you?  Did you even get groceries?"