Chapter 8.

Should I go or not?

Um, what am I even thinking? I'm already seated on the first seat in the third row of our football ground, wearing my brown leather jacket, back tank top and denim jeans with my hair open and tucked under a black beanie.

Loud screams and and cheers from my surroundings are deafening me, the crowd is extra energetic today. I huff and sink in my seat, getting bored. Not even a minute passes when I feel someone take a seat next to me. Turning my head, my eyes land on the boy with chiseled jaw, hazel eyes and jet black hair, wearing a varsity jacket and denim jeans; already staring at me.

Biting my lip, I straighten myself on the seat, resting my back against it, as I look around myself to find any empty seat.

Why did he sit next to me when he wants me to stay away from him?

There are a lot of empty chairs here, but yet he still has to be seated next to me.

My eyes focus on the field as I catch a glimpse of Harrison; his brown curly hair pushed behind with a bandana, and a loose sports uniform over his body. He seems to be busy talking to his team mates when he takes out his phone from his pocket and engages on it. My phone buzzes in my hand and I quickly unlock it to receive a text message from an unknown number.

From Unknown:
Are you here yet?

To Unknown:
Harrison?

From Unknown:
How do you know it's me?

To Unknown:
How do you know my number?

From Unknown:
I just do ;)
So are you here yet?

To Unknown:
That's creepy.
Yeah I'm here in the third row, first seat.

He quickly turns around, taking off his bandana and running his hand in his hair as he searches for me in the crowd. A grin appears on his face once he spots  me, and waves at me, while I return the gesture with a smile on my face. He turns back to engage with his team mates as I lock my phone again and place it on my lap, sinking back in my seat and making myself comfortable. I feel Zayn's eyes burning through me which make me hesitantely turn around my face to look at him.

"Um?" I squint my eyes, looking at him to speak.

"You should stay away from him." Zayn finally speaks up, causing me to raise my eyebrows at him.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me," he mutters, his eyes staring back at me, his expressions blank where as I stare at him in confusion with a frown finding it's way on my face.

"Who are you talking about?" I ask.

"You know who I'm talking about," he says, turning his face to look at the field ahead of us, but my eyes stay fixed on him in confusion. "Harrison."

"Excuse me?"

"Don't you have anything else to say rather than 'excuse me?' ?" He asks me in a bored tone, making me stutter.

"Wha-no! I mean. Who do you think you are to tell me to stay away from him?" I am now sitting straight on my seat, staring at him as my heart is beating rapidly with a reason I'm not aware of.

"I'm warning you, Maire. He's not good."

"And you are?" I'm as surprised by my question as Zayn is. He looks at me with a frown on his face before speaking up.

"No. But stay away from him and...and me as well," he quietly speaks, looking away from me as the game soon starts before the cheerleaders which include my cousin; Amber and her best friend run up to the field, shaking their butts, pom poms and whatever other things they shake.