Chapter 10.

"You told me to stay away from you but now you want me to build a camp with you. Are you crazy or I am?" I ask Zayn, following him as he carries the supplies and I just keep on rambling behind him for his behaviour earlier.

I can't even believe that instead of going with Harrison, I'm following this rude person who keeps on walking and ignoring me as if I don't exist. I still don't know why I'm not turning back and joining Harrison, but instead accompanying this idiot.

"You are," he answers along with a chuckle, without looking at me, making me let out a gasp as I stop in my tracks and grab a small stick from the ground, throwing it on him.

He stops as well and turns around to look at me with wide eyes.

"Are you trying to kill me?" He asks with wide eyes and I give him a weird look.

"Are you serious? This stick can hardly cause harm to someone. Unless you're an ant, are you?" I fold my arms on my chest, as I raise one of my eyebrow at him.

"If you were attempting to make a joke, it sucked or- how much did you drink?" He asks me, ignoring my question.

"I'm not drunk and with this attitude of yours-you know what, I'm going!" I announce, turning around to leave but his voice stops me, and I slightly smirk to myself but don't turn around to face him.

"You're not going anywhere near Harrison. Turn around and let's go. We have to build this thing." He quickly says from behind, and I give out a sigh before turning around to face him. He gives me a blank look before again start walking and I follow him until we join other students building their tents.

Zayn quickly takes out the supplies and starts working on the tent where as I stand there awkwardly not knowing what to do. I've never gone for camping before.

"Are you going to help me or just drool at my tattoos?" His voice is low as he speaks without making eye contact with me, his eyes fixed on the tent in front of him.

I awkwardly cough, coming out from my trance, and ask him what help he needs.

Earlier he had taken off his brown leather jacket, showing off his biceps covered with tattoos in his white tank top, and I don't know what happened to me that I zoned out at that time or maybe just kept staring at him quietly, watching him build the tent.

Was I checking him out?

"Earth to Maire," Zayn's voice again interupts my thoughts as I slightly shake my head at my thoughts.

"Pass me that stick," he says and I nod,  walking over to the supplies and passing him the stick, my eyes on his face as he slightly pouts his lips, looking at the tent in a thought; deciding what to do next. His eyes travel all around the thing he is building, as I continue studying his facial features.

He takes the stick from my hand, adjusting it beneath the cloth but he seems to be having difficulty in holding the stick and the cloth of tent at the same time so I step forward.

"I'll hold it," I say, and he drops the stick on the ground, reaching out for my hand as he grabs it and replaces his hand on the cloth with mine.

When he pulls back his hand, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. His touch leaves a weird sensation on my hand. I know I sound crazy but I don't have words to express what I felt right now.

He again grabs the stick and other neccessary stuff from the ground, completing the tent in a while, with my help too but mostly it was all his work while I kept staring at him like an idiot I am.

"Wow. It's done!" I grin, stepping backwards to take a better look at the tent and notice a smirk on Zayn's face from the corner of my eyes.

"Maire you did it. Wow, thank you so much for building this." His sarcastic comment leaves his mouth, making me groan slightly as I turn around to face him. He gives me a smirk, running his tongue inside his cheek.