Chapter 24.

One year later (a/n: JK JK LMFAO😂)

It's been almost a month since I last saw him, when I last heard his voice, when I last felt his touch and when I was in his arms for the last time. None of the days passed without, I, not thinking about him. No matter how much I tried to divert my attention, my mind raced back to our memories, the smiles and laughs he made me experience with him. It would be an understatement to say, that I didn't try to contact him. Everyday I left calls and messages to have him back, but he replied to none of them. Each and every message was just one way. Every minute I checked up my phone to see if I got any response from him, but there was nothing.

One month without him felt like a pure torture. I miss him. I miss everything we did.

I walk in the hallways of my school, stopping in front of my locker. I know I'm not going to receive those letters again. They are gone. He is gone.

Sighing, I open my locker and stuff my books inside, closing it behind when I begin to walk but get pushed back as my back hits the locker.

"Hey whore!" Amber chimes with a mocking grin on her face as she looks at her best friend and then back at me. I roll my eyes and begin to leave but she pushes me again, causing the heat inside me to boil up. I lift up my eyes from the ground and glare directly at her, causing her to raise one of her eye brow at me.

"Don't you dare look at me like that, Stephen." Amber grits in my face, leaning closer to me and grabs my clenched jaw. I quickly jerk away her hand, straightening myself as I stare at her confidently.

"Or what, Amber Ray Stephen?" I ask in a confident tone which makes her startle as she steps away from me in shock at my sudden behaviour. She looks at her best friend in confusion, both of their expressions matching as they stare at me.

"Where's this confidence coming from huh? You don't even have Zayn to protect you now, whore." She chuckles, lifting up her hand to hit me but I quickly grab her wrist right in front of my face. I tighten my grip around her wrist before I step forward and look in her shocked emerald eyes.

"I don't need anyone else to protect me anymore." I state, before jerking away her hand as I walk away from her and her best friend leaving both of them with their jaws wide open.

I have no idea how I managed to stood up for myself, but that's the only thing I have always wanted to do. I wanted to fight back for my own self but I was never able to. I was too shy, with low self confidence and believe in myself. But he showed me that I can do whatever I want. He became the reason of my confidence and belief in myself. His believe in me, made me who I am at the moment. I feel strong. And he makes me strong.

I head towards my maths class as I settle on Zayn and my usual seats at the back. I tilt my head to see the empty chair beside me. Even in this moment I am hoping that he would walk  late in the class like always and give no reasons to the angry teacher for coming late. I let out a chuckle when the memory of him entering late in our class without any reason caused Mr. Friar to start throwing books and markers every where in annoyance and frustration due to Zayn's careless attitude.

But that is the past now. He's gone, leaving all the memories behind him which I'm holding on.

"Zayn Malik?" Mr. Friar calls out his name for attendance as I lift up my head to answer him but before I can speak up someone beats me to it.

"Sorry I'm late," a deep voice comes from the doorway of the classroom, causing my head to jerk as fast as humanly possible. I feel for a second my heart beat stopping in a hope to see him again.

But my excitement rushes away when my eyes land on the figure standing on the door. Harrison. He appologises to the teacher before walking in and taking a seat in the front row. I give out a deep breathe as I sink into my chair.