Chapter Fourteen// Her Parents

I sincerely apologise for my wo week absence from Wattpad. School has been stressful with preparation for exams, and honestly, this is the first time I have had to write in ages. So yeah, I am so sorry but I'M BACK NOW!

BTW... This chapter has two time frames. Don't get confused :)

Blake's Point of View

5 months ago

"Oh Blake, that guitar has been sat in the corner of your room for weeks. When will you play again?"

"No inspiration." Would be my honest reply.

The shrug of my shoulders would usually move the conversation back onto mom's cooking at the dinner table. Dad would have his mouth full with potatoes anyway to care about my music.

"Blake dear, when will I hear you playing again? I bought that guitar for you on your tenth birthday."

Grandma always used to persuade me with candy to play for her, she would set up a mini concert in our living room whenever she came down to visit. She would even make hand crafted invites for the rest of the family.

Sunday nights were when I used to play, continuously, for hours.

"Just one song." They would say. "Only one."

But there was only one song I knew by heart. I haven't played it since; no one has heard it.

My fingers brush the strings, a known sensation filling my stomach as the wood vibrates. I strum the first chord, one where memory has made it easy for me to close my eyes.

Alone. In my room, my back presses the door. It is closed; it has to be when they are home.

I begin to sing.

Lyrical to the beating of my heart, the words form naturally in my mouth. At first it takes a pause of concentration to progress to the next chord, however after the opening sentence, my whole body relaxes into the music.

"I whisper your name, no you can't hear, I tell you my love and then the dream disappears. Oh, I sing my heart under the beat of a drum, my heart pounding loud, but you never turn around. Oh, oh. When you see my face, you know that I will live another day, but I can't find the words to say: I need you, to hold you.

"Walked out my front door, saw you just yesterday. See you again and today's like every other day. Now you're standing out there, metres away, but I can't find the words to say...

"You and me we've got this connection. Eye to eye but you can't see. What does he have for you to see through me? Tell me please cause' it's killing me. You and me we're similar stories. Page by page but it's hard to read. Why can't we go back to the past baby? Tell me please cause' it's you I need."

The opening riff repeats itself and second time around my eyes shut and my head falls back, tranquillity taking over me as I get lost in the song.

"I write your name, but you don't see, I retell my love to the mirror before I sleep. Oh, I tap the beat to your heart from my bedroom, your smile shining bright, and it seems to blind me. Oh, oh. When I hear your voice, I know that you'll laugh again, someday, but I want to be the one to make you say: I need you, to hold you, to be there for you.

"Walked out my front door, saw you just yesterday. See you again and today's like every other day. Now you're standing out there, metres away, but I can't find the words to say. No I can't say...

"You and me we've got this connection. Eye to eye but you can't see. What does he have for you to see through me? Tell me please cause' it's killing me. You and me we're similar stories. Page by page but it's hard to read. Why can't we go back to the past baby? Tell me please cause' it's you I need.