CHAPTER 13: Part 2

I have to call her. I need to tell her the truth. I went back to the hostel and called her. Nobody picked up the phone. I tried and tried, but nothing happened. She must be somewhere out so I left her a voicemail. I hoped that she’ll call me back after seeing so many missed calls. That night I couldn’t sleep at all.

The next morning I woke up. I checked my phone. No calls. Where could she be? Why wasn’t she picking up the call? I looked at the clock. Damn! I was late. I had joined the morning Basketball practice and I had to go two hours early to my university. I quickly took a shower. Got ready, put on my BB shoes and left the hostel. As soon as I entered the gate of my university, I could see the practice going on and I realized I was seriously late. I walked to the basketball court and the coach was standing there. I could see that he was the coach by the way he was standing, and the way he was shouting at those boys. I kept my bag at the side. Before I could do anything, I saw a tall guy coming towards me.

“Alex?” he asked.

“Yeah?” I replied.

“The coach is calling you.” he said.

“Okay thanks.” I said and headed towards the coach.

“Umm... by the way you’re late.” he called out. I looked behind. That was embarrassing.

“I know.” I muttered.

“Good morning sir.” I said.

“Good morning.” He said he had a very firm voice.

“So you are Alex.”

I didn’t say anything.

“Well if you want to practice with me, you have to follow the rules. Late comers are not allowed. 6:00am sharp here.” He continued.

“Sorry. I promise this wont happen again.” I apologized.

“Good. Now go and join the Practice.”

I jogged onto the court and I could see everyone staring at me. I saw a woman; guiding them who I assumed was the assistant coach. 

“New here?” she said when she saw me approaching.

“Yes.”

“Join the girls for lay-ups.” she said.

                                                                           * * * * * * *

Serianna closed the book as she saw Brian approaching. She quickly got up and was about to leave when Brian stopped her.

“I want to talk to you.” He whispered as he was in the library.

“But I don’t want to.” Serianna replied.