Sharon

Justin understood that he had said something wrong. He quickly changed the topic.

“Serianna, you said you wanted to sleep?” Justin asked.

“Yes, but why did you call Aunt Veniz: 'Sharon'?" Serianna asked.

“I, actually...” before Justin could finish, Aunt Veniz cut him off 

“Actually. We were discussing about Sharon Stone's new movie so Justin was trying to act like the guy in the story and I was portraying Sharon’s role” 

This was the only excuse Aunt Veniz could think of and she knew this was silly but she tried. She hoped Serianna would believe her and eventually she did.

“Okay” Serianna said and headed back to her room.

Serianna wasn’t an idiot, she knew something was wrong. She started doubting Aunt Veniz. What is Aunt Veniz’s connection with Sharon? Why did Justin say Sharon? Tomorrow Aunt Veniz was leaving and would be back in 2 weeks. Aunt Veniz was Justin’s friend and she was young. She had a personal life, a family and a boyfriend. Every month Aunt Veniz spent 1 or 2 weeks with her family while Maria took care of Serianna and then when Maria had to go somewhere Aunt Veniz spent time with Serianna. But Serianna was always confused as to why Aunt Veniz lived with them. Maybe because Justin thought Maria wouldn't be able to take care of her.

Serianna decided to find out the truth. She decided that when Aunt Veniz will leave tomorrow she would go and search Aunt Veniz's room for any evidence relating to her past. She knew she shouldn't but this was her only option. Serianna eventually fell asleep.

Next morning she woke up and realized that Aunt Veniz was about to leave. She quickly ran downstairs to say good-bye. Though she doubted Aunt Veniz, she still loved her very much. Serianna felt bad because when Aunt Veniz wasn't there, she felt lonely. She saw Aunt Veniz with her bags packed and went and gave her a tight hug. Aunt Veniz hugged her back.

“Bye princess, I’ll miss you a lot” Aunt Veniz whispered.

“Bye, I’ll miss you too” Serianna paused “when will you come back?” she asked.

“This time I won’t stay for long I’ll come back in some days. Don’t worry.”

“Okay”

“I’ll keep calling you. Take care of yourself. Eat proper food, don't be late to school, get up on time and keep in touch with me.”

“Yeah” with that Serianna said a final good-bye and headed back to her room.

As she was about to go up the stairs there was a knock on the door.

“Serianna can you open the door?” Justin asked.

Serianna went and opened the door. There stood a young, handsome boy, maybe in his 20’s, black hair. He had lots of tattoos all around his arms, legs and neck. Everywhere.

“Hey” the boy said.

Before Serianna could reply, Aunt Veniz came and hugged him. He picked her up, she wrapped her legs around his waist and they started kissing. ‘Must be her boyfriend’ Serianna thought. This was the first time in all these years that Serianna saw him. Aunt Veniz never really talked about him. She started walking back to her room when she heard Aunt Veniz saying "Oh Jake, I missed you so much!"

What Jake? Now this was making Serianna paralyzed. The pages of ‘The Flashback’ popped up in her mind and she could remember chapter 13, it was about Sharon’s boyfriend who ditched her. Her boyfriend’s name was Jake. Then she started sorting things out. Last night Justin called Aunt Veniz ‘Sharon’. Today Aunt Veniz calls her boyfriend ‘Jake’ which was also Sharon’s boyfriend name. What the hell is happening here?