CHAPTER 14 : Surprise

As soon as I reached home, I got a call from Sharon. Finally, she had seen the missed calls. I picked up the call.

“Hello Alex?” Sharon Said.

“Hey Sharon!” I said

“I missed you so much. How is everything going?

“Perfect. What’s up with you?”

“Amazing. I got selected in the college’s band as their Lead singer”

“Yeah! I am so happy for you” I exclaimed.

“we will also be going to different countries for inter- university Battle of bands”

“Wow, I wished that the Battle of Bands was here”

It took her a moment to respond and when I heard her voice again. I realized it wasn’t coming from the phone. I turned around and saw Sharon standing there.

“You are right. The Battle of Bands is here.” She said.

I was paralyzed for a moment. Was I Dreaming? I squeezed my eyes shut before opening them again.

“Sharon?” I asked

“Yes I am Sharon” she said sarcastically.

I got up and quickly ran to hug her.

“Why didn’t you let me know you are coming?” I questioned her.

“I wanted to surprise you”

“I am so happy to see you here”

After this, Sharon and I talked for hours. We talked about our school memories, our pranks, our friends, our groups, teachers, Justin, Jake. Then, she started talking about her new friends in the college. She constantly talked about her friend, Susan.

“Susan, your Best friend?” I interrupted her.

“Haha. Yes. She is amazing” She smiled.

After hearing this, I realized that everything had changed. The thing which I feared the most had happened, we had nothing left to talk about except old memories. She had her own life now. She was busy with her singing and her band. She hardly had free time and this explained the reason why she wasn’t picking up my call. I was hurt; she had a new best friend which meant that she would be sharing all her secrets, her things with her, the things that only I knew. I knew that there will be a time when you have to let it go. Things don’t stay forever. Sharon and I weren’t like we used to be but we were still friends. I was happy about it.

That night she stayed with me as I had no roommate, though she had to take the permission first. I asked her to come with me to the university tomorrow; this would make her see the truth that Jake is cheating on her because if I told her this, she might not believe me but if she will see with her own eyes she wouldn’t deny it.

---------------------------------------------------

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter. Next one would be longer. I hope you like this one. Read, Vote and comment please. Thanks :)

ALEX