Chapter 19

Will's POV•

Sleep came easy, after the shower Clarke had graciously offered. I still questioned his motives. I believed this was his way to seek out information, positive reinforcement instead of negative.

He also offered me food which I also took. I wondered what their plan was. We're they going to pay the ransom? Fight? Do nothing? The constant idea that I could die any time was not enjoyable or ideal.

The living conditions had became worse. First the starvation, then yesterday's torture. I didn't want to go through that again. I didn't want to be injected with whatever that was that caused me so much pain.
When I woke up, Clarke was already awake. His clothes were fresh, and he took care of mine for the second time.

"You don't need to take care of me."

"I'm not taking care of you, I'm saving you. There's a difference."

"When are they coming back?"

"Not until later, I told them I was torturing you for more information."

"Are you going to?"

"I have no plans to."

"Why would you tell me that? Is it some sort of play? A trick?"

"Listen up, Will. I pity you, okay? You don't deserve something that wasn't even your doing. You don't deserve to be dangled bait, especially when you don't even work for your father. So take my kindness  granted before I decide to stop."

"I'm sorry. It's not what I expected kidnapping to be like."

"What did you think would happen?"

"First of all,  I think I'd be dead already. Secondly, I thought I would die with feeling in my thumb."

"That was from your own stupidity."

"I didn't think it would hurt too bad."

"Never broken a bone, huh?"

"Never. Never been shot either."

"Lucky you."

There was a pause.

"By the way, what was that stuff you used on me yesterday? The stuff in the syringe."

"Oh, the serum. Yeah. Something one of my father's teams made long ago. It's really awful instrument of torture. It pumps through arteries and veins. It's extremely painful. And once it reaches someone heart, they're dead. I gave you the antidote before it got that far."

"It was painful. I would take the lashings over that any day."

"Yeah, he tried to sell it after his business went under. But supply and demand was an issue. Couldn't pay to have it made. He kept a few for himself for personal use."

"I see that." I rolled up my shirt sleeve, revealing the needle injection.

"I don't know what my father is planning. I'm sure he'll show up.. What do you plan to do to him once you have him?"

"That's my father's and Mr.Rossi's ideas. I don't know what they want to do to him, but it sure won't be pretty. Neither will their alliance once it ends."

"A fight for power once the main threat is gone."

"Precisely."

His phone rang out of his front pocket. The ring tone was a song I hadn't heard of. There were pauses in between his words.

"Hello? No, I'm with him."

"No, I haven't."

"I'll check." He hung up.

With the flicker of the remote, he turned on the television. It was small and dusty, and smashed into the end of the bed. The stand it relied on didn't seem to stable.

"A house fire on Emerald Street took place late last night. Our sources tell us that it was the home of notorious drug boss Frank Merlin. Weapons and a verity of drugs were discovered at the scene. Frank Merlin has not been found. The Chicago Police Departments declared him possibly armed and extremely dangerous, if you see him report him immediately. They are still on the search for his body." The blond news reporter talked, images and video of the firefighters putting out the fire displayed on screen. Weapons that survived were being hauled out.

"Two men are dead after a violent shooting this morning in Englewood.-" Clarke turned off the television, interrupting the anchor.

My heart dropped. What had caused the fire? The three of them must've managed to get away. They didn't say anything about Liam and Nova. Maybe they found nothing, or maybe they didn't matter.

He muted the low quality television, his phone rang almost immediately.

"Yes? Yes sir. I'll meet you there." The call ended. He stuffed his keys in the pocket.

"I have a meeting. Let's go." He opened the door.

"Who burned down my house? Was it your dad?" I bubbled with anger.

"Shut up and go". He yelled and gave me a little push down the stairs.

When we reached the ground floor, a burly man stomped in. To my recollection, they called him Jimmy.

"Watch him, Jim. I'll be back later." He left the same door Jimmy came through.

He didn't tie me up. He watched me aggressively, his arms tightly crossed. His gigantic muscles practically tore his T-shirt. Did they discover how untrained and weak I really was?

----------------------------------------------
A/N: Thanks so much for reading! Sorry this was so short and fairly pointless, I just didn't want to change POV in the middle of a chapter:).
What are they going to do now without a home? Leave your thoughts here!