Chapter 38

•Will's POV•

I watched the light fade from Clarke's eyes as they came to a close. He was dead. My brother had killed him. His father had killed him.

Clarke was a small spot of light in the messed up world. Now he was gone. He was gone. I couldn't believe what had happened. I wiped my eyes and stood up with my gun.

King looked at me and laughed. No one knew what Clarke and I had. It was only us. It's all it needed to be. I pointed my gun at King. If I was going to die or not, at least he was dead too. He hurt Clarke in so many ways, he deserved to suffer.

A gun went off quickly behind me, letting off multiple shots at once. The deliverers dropped. I turned to see the notorious Frank Merlin.

"Dad?" Nova asked.

"That's right!" He shot at King and his men who were hiding behind the car.

How did my dad get free?

Nova, Wagner, dad, and I rushed to the other side of the car. They were outnumbered. I stood the closest, pointing my gun at King's forehead.

"You won't do it. Your dad raised shit children. From that bratty kid, all the way to a pussy who can't shoot a fucking gu-."

I didn't let him finish his sentence. I pulled the trigger right at his forehead. Nova shot his henchman friend. The bullets drilled right through their foreheads.

Bang

King was finally dead. I killed him without hesitation.

Another car pulled up. We stopped and looked to see Toni and his father get out.

"Sorry were late, we." He didn't finish his sentence before quickly getting back in the car.

"We'll get them." Said Nova. Wagner and my father followed to hunt them down.

I fell to the ground. I didn't want to go back by Clarke's lifeless body. I stared at his dad. How could a monster create something so wonderful?

I looked at Liam. He was still holding Minga. He sobbed. I picked up my gun and went behind him. He killed Clarke. He killed Clarke.

I raised my gun at the back of his head. He was too distracted to notice, or too hurt to care. My damaged thumb danced over the trigger. My brother killed Clarke. Clarke never deserved this life, and neither did I. I replayed him killing Clarke over and over in my mind. I was filled with pure anger and hatred. How could he do this? He took away the one thing I loved. The one thing that gave me hope. The one person who taught me there was so much more to live for.

I almost pressed the trigger, and couldn't. I returned to the state where I was unable to shoot.

I wonder if Liam would've done it if he would've known. I lowered my weapon and my head.

The three of them came back.

"They're gone too. It's over. It's all over." Nova declared.

"How did you escape?" Asked Wagner.

"You really think the great Frank Merlin wouldn't have an escape plan if he got arrested?"