Chapter 29

•Will's POV•

We arrived back in Chicago earlier than I expected. Clarke took us to his home in town. It wasn't fully as I expected. It was old. Like it hadn't been dusted in a while, otherwise it was nice. The furniture was old fashioned. Rugs covered some of the floors. It had a light stench of smoke lingering.

I was back in the cuffs. Clarke's firm hand led me in his home.

"Father? Are you here?" He called out.

He bolted up the stairs doing a quick sweep of the home.

"Empty. I wonder if he's in police custody."

"It's your father, I doubt it. Maybe he's just...Out?"

"Out? Doing what?"

"I don't know. Bad guy things."

"Bad guy things?" He raised his eye brows.

"Yeah. Like robbing banks or kidnapping people. Things like that."

"I need to find him. We need to make the exchange so you can go free. We only have three more hours."

Three hours.
Three hours before everything changes.

"Clarke." He spun around. I threw up my handcuffed hands above his head and rested them on his shoulders. I reached up and kissed him.

"Three more hours. You're dad will show, and you'll be free. I need to go find him so this can all be over with."

I nodded slowly, and put my arms down. He held my cuffed hands.

"I do care about you, Will."

"I care about you too, a lot." I replied.

"You could have Stockholm syndrome. You know, falling in love with your captor."

"There's no such thing. And.. You think I'm falling in love with you?"

Clarke looked at me. His eyes soft like a puppy. He looked a little scared. Did he fear rejection?

I gazed into his eyes and tilted his chin to my level. His gentle eyes looked back at me.

"Because I am." I admitted without a shred of hesitation.

"I never felt like this before. You know? Like, you give me butterflies. But yet, there's no where else I'd rather be."

"Have you been with guys before?"

"No. You?"

"No. Never. Never expected to be. Until you came."

The door busted open. Clarke yanked me by the cuffs and shoved me behind him.

"Father, you're not in jail."

"Why would I fucking be in jail? I'm smarter than that, you dumb ass." He roared like a beast.

"We managed to get away."