Ballgowns and Confessions

"If Esther wants to talk to me, maybe I should find out why," Elena argued to the two Salvatore brothers.

"Well that's a dumb idea, she already tried to kill you once," Damon shot back. While the three of them were trying to work things out, Audrey was getting ready to go out. She needed to see Caroline. She was just about to open the door when Damon rushed over to block her. "Where do you think you're going, little bird?"

"To see my friend who's father just died," Audrey explained. Damon stepped forward and narrowed his eyes at the younger Gilbert.

"You and your sister aren't going to the Mikaelson's tonight," He growled. Audrey rolled her eyes and smiled up at her friend.

"Well, I don't know about Elena but I'm going and you're going to be my hot date," Audrey smirked, patting the older Salvatore's cheek. "Oh come on Damon, lighten up! I can't have a pouty date," Damon shook his head at the human but cracked a small smile. She pushed past him and walked over to her car. Her mind was still swirling over the fact that she was Klaus's soulmate. Before stopping at Caroline's, Audrey stopped at her friend's favorite bakery. She picked up Caroline's favorite food and left. When Audrey walked into the Forbes's house she had to dodge a flying shoe coming her way. "Whoa! I know you're pissed at me but don't take it out on your Louboutin heels!" Audrey shouted at her friend. Caroline walked out of her room and crossed her arms.

"What are you doing here?" Caroline asked as she glared at her friend.

"I brought I'm sorry donuts and chai lattes," Audrey sighed, holding up the bag and coffees. Caroline cocked an eyebrow but showed no sign of forgiveness. "Oh come on Care! They're cookie dough filled donuts,"

"Damn you for knowing my weakness!" Caroline shouted, faking anger. She stormed over to her friend and snatched the bag and coffee from her hands. "God, I love 'Mama's Bakery'," Caroline groaned as she bit into her donut. "Thank you,"

"I'm sorry for not being there for you yesterday," Audrey said. "I thought there was something more important to deal with but there wasn't. Helping you should've been my number one priority," Caroline smiled sadly at her friend.

"Don't worry Aud. We knew this would happen if my dad were to ever turn into a vampire. He would never want to live that way," Caroline sighed. "I just want to find whoever did this and I want to kill Meredith Fell. Since when did becoming a doctor meant taking the easy way out and giving someone vampire blood?" Audrey smiled at her friend and shrugged. After making up the two girls left and met Elena at The Grill.

"It's all so weird. The Originals are throwing a ball. Like an actual ball," Elena said in disbelief.

"It's some twisted Cinderella fetish is what it is. And why does the Evil Witch want an audience with you?" Caroline asked as she leaned in.

"I have no idea. There's only one way to find out," Elena sighed.

"I thought you told Damon and Stefan that you weren't going," Audrey said cocking an eyebrow at her sister.

"I did, which is all the more reason why I need a drama free bodyguard," Elena replied, her eyes going to Caroline.

"Well, I think a Salvatore would look a lot better in a tux. And by that I mean Stefan," Caroline smirked.

"Please, Damon in a tux is way better," Audrey scoffed.

"Ugh, I can't deal with either of the Salvatores right now. Whatever Stefan is feeling, he is channeling it all against Klaus. And Damon...is just not a good idea," Elena trailed off while glancing at her sister.