Colorado Fever

"Audrey?" Caroline cautiously asked. "Damon called and asked if you were still going to Denver with them," Audrey sniffled and nodded her head. She had been crying in Caroline's guest bedroom all night. Her heart was broken and the only person who could fix it was the person she despised the most. Klaus completely severed whatever trust she had for him. "Babe. This is breaking my heart,"

"I don't know what to do," Audrey whimpered.

"Well, right now you're getting on a plane to bring Jeremy home," Caroline stated happily. "Just keep thinking about Jer and I promise it will get better,"

"Yeah," Audrey sniffled. "You're right," Caroline helped her friend out of bed and got her to the shower. While Audrey was cleaning up, Caroline began to pack everything Audrey would need. When she was done, Caroline sighed and sat down on her guest bed. Her heart was breaking for her best friend. Not only did her soulmate turn out to be the dick everyone knew he was, but her own friends had turned against her. Caroline wished everything would go back to the way it was before vampires became known in Mystic Falls. When Audrey walked out of the bathroom she looked much better than before. Her eyes still held that sadness but it was almost unnoticeable. "Honestly, if Elena tried to get smart with me today I'm probably going to smack her," Caroline was surprised by her friend's little outburst but smiled happily once it subsided.

"I think she is finally coming around," Caroline laughed. "I heard her telling Bonnie yesterday that she was beginning to realize how big of a mistake she made for blaming you," Audrey nodded stiffly and sat beside Caroline on the bed. "Maybe this trip will be good for you two,"

"I don't know," Audrey sighed. "I think it's going to take more time for me to really forgive her,"

"I don't blame you," Caroline agreed. There was a moment of silence before Caroline's phone went off. "Look's like they're leaving now," She commented as she read Damon's text message. "Damon said they're coming to pick you up now,"

"I'm so not ready for this trip," Audrey groaned.

"It'll be fine, Aud. And if not just keep thinking of Jeremy," Caroline stated hoping it would comfort her friend. Audrey didn't say anything else before she grabbed all of her stuff and made her way to Caroline's living room.

-

The whole car ride to the airport was silent. No one said a word. Damon wanted to hear his little bird's voice so badly, but he knew she was still angry with him. He felt like complete shit for everything he'd done to her. She was, after all, his best friend. Elena was nervously biting her nails and tried to think of ways to apologize to her sister. How could she make up for being so unfair? While Damon and Elena silently worried themselves, Audrey sat in the back not thinking about either of the two. Her thoughts were filled with Klaus. Even though she was unbelievably mad at him she couldn't help but picture his smile. She thought of his soft lips and the way her body filled with tingles every time he was even near her. She rolled her eyes at herself and cursed her soulmate bond. When the trio reached the airport they still didn't speak to one another. When they reached the gate Damon finally spoke up.

"Little bird, I'd like to say that I'm truly sorry for what I've done to you over these past couple weeks. I had my head in my ass and thought my actions were justifiable. I understand if you are still mad at me and I'll give you your space, but I just wanted you to know so this whole trip isn't completely awkward," Damon apologized bluntly. He was always one for ripping off the band-aid.

"Thanks, I guess," Audrey replied slightly confused. She wasn't expecting such an outburst of an apology. Damon nodded and smiled to himself smugly. Elena was shocked at the simple response her sister gave. She expected something a little more tense. Audrey figured Damon would be the first to apologize he usually always is. Truthfully, she had been more mad at her sister then him anyways. As they boarded the plane Audrey took the window seat and Damon went to sit beside her but suddenly stopped. Elena was giving him a look that said "let me sit there" so that's what he did. Elena got the middle seat while Damon got the aisle seat. Audrey didn't care if her sister sat next to her, she didn't plan on talking to her.