Catch the Wind

A warm ocean breeze surrounded her as Audrey walked along the sand. She looked around and saw that it was the beach her parents would take her and her siblings every summer. She watched the waves crash along the shore and closed her eyes. It was always so peaceful here.

"Audrey?" A gentle voice called out. Audrey turned around and saw her parents walking towards her.

"Mom? Dad?" Miranda and Grayson smiled at her and watched as she ran towards them. Audrey ran to her mother first, embracing her tightly. Tears welled in her eyes as she breathed in her mother's familiar scent. "You're really here?"

"Oh sweetheart, we never left," Miranda said softly, kissing her daughter's head.

"Does this mean....am I dead?" Audrey asked, looking up at her mother.

"No, it's not your time yet," Grayson said. Audrey looked at him and hugged him next. "My little girl. I've missed you so much,"

"Everything's gone to hell since you two died," Audrey cried. "It wasn't supposed to be like this,"

"I know," Grayson said.

"I wish vampires never came into our lives," Audrey sniffled.

"You don't believe that," Miranda said. "You love Damon and Stefan,"

"Even if I do, it doesn't make up for the fact that they have brought nothing but destruction into our lives," Audrey explained.

"So does that mean you don't love Klaus either?" Miranda questioned knowingly.

"That's different," Audrey mumbled. "I was literally made for him,"

"He's probably caused more problems than Damon and Stefan combined," Grayson chuckled. "You love him though, just like you love Damon and Stefan. Even though, yes they're vampires, and they cause nothing but trouble, they've also kept you and Elena alive,"

"Elena," Audrey said, just realizing her sister was in the same accident as her. "Is she okay?" Miranda and Grayson shared a look.

"For the most part," Grayson answered. "Audrey, your mother and I want you to know how proud of you we are,"

"You've been so strong, darling," Miranda smiled. Audrey looked at her parents and felt tears beginning to form again. "We love you so much,"

"Can't I stay here?" Audrey asked, burying her face into her father's chest. "I miss you both so much,"

"What would your brother and sister do without you?" Miranda asked soothingly. "They need you more than we do, sweetheart," Audrey looked up and pulled away from her father.

"I don't know what to do," Audrey sniffled. Grayson smiled at his daughter and cupped her cheek.

"Open your eyes, Audrey," He smiled. "Open your eyes,"

-

Audrey slowly stirred awake and began choking immediately from the tube going down her throat. Damon jolted awake and smiled widely. "Little bird," He almost laughed out. Audrey continued to choke so Damon quickly pulled the tube from her throat. She coughed for a little bit before finally calming down.

"Damon?" She croaked out. Damon leaned over the bed and hugged her as best as he could.

"I thought I lost you," He said on the verge of tears.

"Audrey!" Caroline shouted as she walked into the room. Jeremy was right behind her, holding a bag of food. The two of them raced into the room and took turns hugging Audrey as well.