{Chapter 17}

"Hey! Victor!" I call out as I see Victor heading down the hall. "Huh?"

He stops and turns around; and I quickly run over. "I don't think i'll skate today." I say.

"Naze? Is something wrong?" He asks, suddenly worried. "Oh, my ankle's hurting just a bit today."

(Why?)

"Alright." He nods. "Sorry for the trouble. I thought my ankle had healed already." I say and bow my head down a bit.

As I glance up, I see a smile on Victor's face, "Don't worry. It's better if you rest it than putting more pressure on it."

I nod with a small smile, "Arigatou, Victor."

(Thank you,)

===========

«Sorry for all the skips! These few chapters have been a bit challenging.»

As I walk up the steps to Ice Castle, I notice Yuuri and Victor standing at the entrance.

I can't hear what's going on, but, when Yuuri finishes, Victor looks shocked.

"What's that face for?" I ask as I reach the last couple steps.

Both of them turn to face me in surprise. I chuckle at that and and skip a step to get to them.

"Where's your bag?" Yuuri asks. "I'm not skating today." Yuuri glances over at Victor and he nods.

"How come?" Yuuri looks back at me in confusion. "My ankle was bothering me in the morning. Didn't want to push it."

"Ah." Yuuri nods in understanding and Victor claps. "Let's get to practicing!"

"Hai!"

(Yes!)

We all enter and both Victor and Yuuri head towards the benches. Instead of waiting, I decide to wait at the rink.

Soon enough the two walk in and head for the ice. "What's on today's agenda?" I ask and lean on the barrier.

"All the jumps i'm able to do." Victor says, answering my question. I nod and begin to watch.

------------------

"Victor, please let me do that one more time!" Yuuri exclaims as he wipes some sweat off his face.

"Wow... hasn't it been tens of thousands of times?" Victor says, catching his breath and cleaning some ice off his blades.

"Just thirteen!" I yell, "I counted."

"You have pretty good stamina." The Russian says. "Well, I have that, at least." Yuuri says jokingly.

"You said you get hungry when you're nervous in competition, too."

I notice Yuuri staring at Victor's hair as he cleans his other blade. 'Please don't do what I think - '

Yuuri lifts his hand and touches a spot on Victor's head. They both freeze for a second before Yuuri jumps back.

I facepalm and shake my head. "G - gomen! I couldn't help it!" Yuuri exclaims.

(Sorry!)

"Is it getting that thin?" Victor asks.

"No, no, no! Everything's okay!"