Chapter One: The Discovery

The Space Agency for Locating Extrasolar habitable Planets (SALEP) is a mission created for discovering extrasolar planets even before the Kepler mission became defunct. Before Kepler ceased to exist, SALEP was being built. So, when the former was broken then deorbited, the SALEP spacecraft was launched. It is a very large spacecraft, larger than the newly-launched James Webb Space Telescope. The head of the program is Dr. Kyle Hauffman, a man in his late 30s. The SALEP spacecraft has a very large field of view, larger even than Kepler.

The spacecraft was searching in the constellation of Cygnus.

"Still no sign of habitable extrasolar planets. Just nebulae and crap," an astronomer exclaimed.

Another one said, "We'll just need to keep searching. Our quota of stars for today is 12, but I think we may not hit it."

They searched the stars near Kepler 101, parent star of Kepler-101a which was located by the defunct-Kepler spacecraft. Then they discovered another red-dwarf but larger than the usual size of red-dwarfs. The signal sounded as they discovered that the star contained two planets. As shown in the habitability meter, one planet is 100.05% habitable and another is 99.45% habitable. Unknown to them, they just discovered Kerulian, with its 100.05% habitable Erdi and 99.45% habitable Kihla.

Dr. Hauffman was called right away. He was in the games room, treating his boredom. He didn't know yet about the discovery as there are no alarms in the games room.

"Dr. Kyle!" a woman in her 20s called him.

"Yes?" He turns around to look at the one who called him. "Oh. Cassandra. What is it you need?"

It was Cassandra White, the informations head, also his daughter. She was married to a pilot named John Paul White, but died during an accident on action.

"Father. There's.... something that I need to tell you..."

"What is it, dear?"

"A discovery has been made."

Hauffman's eyes became large, then ran onto the main room.

"What happened?" the doctor said.

"Two new habitable planets have been discovered by our spacraft. It lies very near to Kepler-101a, Sir." a black man said.

"Thank you, Michael." Kyle told.

Michael Foresman is the managing director of the program. He is a close friend of Dr. Hauffman.

"What shall we do about it?" Cassandra said.

Kyle followed, "We shall pass this information to NASA and see if they approve of this."

But while they talked, Erdi and Kihla acted. The pulse from Kerulian when the SALEP spacecraft glanced at it disturbed the minds of the Al'Karas and disrupted the powers of the Mel'Gorians. They reported this to the Collection, the leader of the United Races. They held a United Races meeting in Kihla's highest peak, Callaburn.