Chapter Sixteen: Alpha (Part One)

The ships from Erdi were already nearing Earth. They have just passed Jupiter.

SALEP has detected these ships using on of their satellites. They quickly passed the information to NASA. Dr. Hauffman personally went to Two Independence Square (also known as NASA Headquarters) to talk with Charles Bolden, Jr., Administrator of NASA.

"......but still, we do not know what are those 'things'." Kyle said.

"We will need to keep track of those," Charles said. "We also need further evidence. But still, I'll report this to the President."

"Okay."

NASA used Hubble to locate the ships. Once located, they used one of their satellites to keep track of them. SALEP also did the same thing.

Now, the ships have just passed Mars.

Dr. Kyle was in his office when suddenly, his phone rang. He picked up.

"Hello?"

"Kyle?"

"Oh. Good morning, Mr. Bolden. Why did you call me?"

"Those things...."

"What?"

".....they're headed to Earth."

He didn't answer.

"Hello?" Charles said.

"Huh?"

"Are you still there, Kyle?"

"Yes, Sir. But, why are they headed here?"

"That we don't know."

"Have you told the President about this?"

"Yes. The military is assembling. We'll need to be ready."

The ships are now very near and can now be easily seen.

"They're ships!"

"They're not of Earth."

"I see. Report this to the Administrator."

Someone went to the Administrator's office, then he quickly called the Doctor Hauffman.

"Hello?" Kyle quickly picked up.

"Kyle?"

"Yes? Mr. Bolden? Is this you?"

"Yes, it's me. I called you because-"

"Those things are ships!"

"How did you know?"

"We have satellites too, sir."

"So, what do you think they are?"

"Extraterrestrials? We must be ready for anything?"

"Okay. I'll call the President."

Now, the ships are almost at Earth.

****

They entered the atmosphere easily as their shields are very powerful to withstand heat. They touched ground smoothly.

"Let's get to work, people," said the captain of the soldiers.

****

Luckily, the military are stationed near where the ships landed. They readied themselves.

****

They grabbed their weapons then exited their ships. As soon as one exited, the military quickly announced.....

"THIS IS THE UNITED STATES ARMY!! WHO ARE YOU?!?"

The others returned inside. Then three, just three, exited and talked to the military in front of them.

"We don't mean to hurt you, humans! We just came here to......do something."

The captain of the military replied, "LEAVE NOW OR FACE US!"

"We just need to get something from your world, then we leave."

"I SAID, LEAVE!! F*CK THESE BASTARDS!"

One of the extraterrestrials was angered. "Then face us."

They paused, then.....

"FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The Army fired at the three in front of them. One created a very powerful shield to protect them three.

"What is this?" The captain told himself.

Then, from the ships, rushed the other men. They opened fire on the Army. Some even used their powers to silence the threat. A minute later, the Army there were all dead.

"We must proceed to the drilling site."

*******

While all of these is happening in Earth, Erdi and Kihla were readying themselves. The URPF gathered all of their strength to join the expedition.

The Collection was discussing again with Magistrate Hollander on Callaburn.

"We just got a few months till the complete depletion of Kerulian's unobtainium."

"Yes. We need to rush everything."

"We must extract now."

"The time to get to Earth will still be long. We'll need to consider another option: jump there."

"That is a good idea, My Prince."

"I'll also join them. What about you, Queen Ulethia?"

"I'll remain here."

.

.

.

.

.

All was now ready.