Chapter Seven: Powers Brought Forth

"Uhmm... Okay." Kristen said with a sigh.

They strolled together on the street. They can already here the faint sound from the park. All the fun. A merry-go-round, a carousel, roller coaster rides, a ferris wheel, and more, Kristen thought. She was excited, even though she went there already.

Paul broke the silence. "Thanks for saving me back there. Without you, I might be dead."

"It's nothing."

"I-"

Before he can continue, they have reached their destination. Lights flickered everywhere. There are many people in the park.

"Where should we go first?" Kristen asked Paul.

"I don't know. You pick. I'll follow."

"Merry-go-round, then."

They went to the merry-go-round. After that, they went to the roller coaster. Then to the carousel. They bought cotton candies after. Then, they rode the ferris wheel.

"That was so much fun!" Kristen exclaimed.

"I know, right?" Paul answered.

"I'm very glad that I came here with you. Thanks."

"It's the least I could do."

They got off.

"I'll go now, Paul. Thanks again."

"I'll accompany you."

"Aww. You're sweet if not nice."

They headed to Kristen's house. They were talking when suddenly two men barred their way.

"Hello, young lady." One of the men said.

"What you got there, girl?" Another of the men said.

"Nothing, gentlemen."

Then the two reached from their back and draw their weapons; a pistol and a knife.

"This is a hold-up! Give us your f*cking money."

The knife-wielding man drew his knife onto Paul's throat, "Did you here what he said? He said GIVE US THE F*CKING MONEY!"

Paul reached for his wallet in his pocket. He gave it to the man.

"What? IS THIS ALL OF IT?!?"

"Please! I swear it's all of it!" Paul said.

"How about you, girl?"

Paul looked at Kristen. Her eyes were closed and she stood still. Then, after a second, her eyes opened. She looked straight into the gun-wielding man's eyes.

"What are you f*cking looking at, b*tch!?! GIVE US YOUR FUCKING MONEY OR ELSE!?!"

"Or else what?" Kristen replied with a harsh voice.

"How dare you!" He pointed the gun at her.

"GIVE US YOUR MONEY, OR I'LL FIRE THIS GUN!"

Kristen replied quickly, "Do it then." Her voice was straight and no fear was there. Paul looked at her in shock. "What?"

"Okay, then." The man coldly said.

He fired the gun. But before the bullet reached Kristen, it stopped in mid-air, then dropped.

"What is this?" The knife-wielding man said.

"Nothing you know about." Kristen replied.

She used her telekinesis to knock the knife out of his hand then threw him away with the wave of her hand. It was so powerful that he was knocked out. Paul was still standing there, amazed and shocked by what Kristen has just done. Then, she used her telepathy to control the remaining guy. She commanded him to surrender to the police. Then, she had a headache and fell to the ground. It is so painful that it felt like her head is gonna burst.

"Are you okay?" Paul asked her.

"I think so." He helped her stand up.

"What did you just do? And how did you do that?"

"I don't know. But... I think I was born with them. When you found me on the ground at first grade, I did this also. Five boys bullied me. But then, I felt something. Then I accessed it."

"We should really go home now, before someone shows up."

"Just..."

"What is it?"

"Don't tell anyone about this."

"Never in a million years."

They reached Kristen's home. They hugged, then Paul went home.

Her mother was waiting for her in the living room. "What happened to you?"

"Huh?"

"I felt something sharp that pierced my mind when I was making dinner. What happened?"

"I used... my powers... again."

"What?"

"But this time, Mom, I was the one controlling it. My experience in first grade was premature activation. It was triggered by that. This time, it was triggered as well, but in my desire to save ourselves, Paul and I, I controlled it."

"So that's what happened."